Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to work on a major biomass power station project near Sheffield. The role will be part of a team providing commercial management and contract administration of one of the main Works Contracts, reporting to the Associate Director /Commercial Lead for the project.
The role is also part of an area commercial team and works with similar roles in other Regions to achieve the overall programme objectives for the same end client.
You will be working on a major biomass power plants project with an estimated value of £210m in value. You may also be required to support other projects in this sector across the UK.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the Commercial Lead and the Project Manager
- The role includes providing guidance and mentoring across the Contract Administration function in all aspects of administration and contract change
- Evaluation of validity of Contractor notified compensation events and assessment of quotations
- Support in drafting Project Manager’s Instructions and advising when these are required.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Consortium
- Liaise with the Project Controls team to ensure internal governance is adhered to and achieved to support the contract timescales.
- Provide information to support monthly performance reporting.
- Support of assessment of interim payment applications.
- Provision of contract advice on a range of issues including the preparation of internal reports.
- Other general contract and commercial support.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of commercial management and contract administration within the Infrastructure / Power sectors
- Experience administrating FIDIC and Bespoke contracts
- Commercial Management of FIDIC Silver Book
- Experience of estimating (for the evaluation of contract changes / revised Defined Cost forecasts
MRICS or other suitable membership of an associated Professional Body is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a major player in construction and civil engineering consultancy services in the UK and wider international market. They have an expanding civils and infrastructure division in the UK and are commonly awarded work on some of the most prestigious projects nationwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a fantastic salary and package, inclusive of a car allowance, private health, and pension scheme.