Senior Quantity Surveyor
A specialist groundwork's contractor is looking for a Quantity Surveyor at a senior level to join their business due to substantial growth. The successful candidate will take up the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor and work largely on highways projects in and around the M25. The hiring company are willing to employ people on a self employed or staff basis.
The hiring company are a specialist groundwork's contractor and the majority of their work is on highway and roads project in and around the M25, London.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Post-contract re-measurement quantity surveying• Preparing interim valuations
- Negotiating Variations
- Monthly cost / value reconciliations
- Monitoring cash collection
- Agreeing Final Accounts
- Contract Correspondence
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have been employed by a specialist groundwork's sub-contractor for a number of years previously
- Candidates must have strong negotiating skills
- Candidates will have a strong experience in dealing with contractual issues on behalf of a sub-contractor
- The ability to manage and mentor more junior members of the commercial team is desired
- Strong interpersonal skills required
Candidates with a formal qualification in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering (or similar equivalents) are preferred, however qualifications are not essential for the ideal candidate
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is an established specialist contractor in the groundwork's sector of construction. They often act as a sub-contractor for larger main contractors on large highway and road developments in and around the M25. Their offices are based North of the M25 in Herfordshire, however the position is to be largely site based in and around the M25. This position is open to candidates wishing to be employed on a self employed or staff basis.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Package will be worth circa £75k - £85k