Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX9018 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region Midlands and East Anglia Location South Leicestershire Salary To £65k Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 18/01/2021 Status Live
A busy chartered quantity surveying consultancy based in South Leicestershire are looking for a senior quantity surveyor to join their team.
To be successful in this role you must be a chartered quantity surveyor (MRICS) and be capable of managing multiple small to medium sized projects at any one time, as well as managing and developing a small team of junior quantity surveyors.
Your role will be to work closely with the Director of the business, deputising for him in his absence and taking the lead in the day-to-day running of projects within the built environment, which often relate to insurance claims (i.e. fire and flood insurance claims).
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will ideally have some Consultancy experience, and be able to manage a variety of projects at any one time and pre and post contract work and from inception to completion.
You will work specifically within a division of the business which focusses on projects which relate to insurance claims. i.e. fire and flood insurance claims. These can be new build or refurbishment projects in the following sectors:
- Industrial & manufacturing
- Social Housing
Projects can be across the UK, however the company's main portfolio is within the Leicester, Leicestershire and Midlands region.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role will be a middle management role, linking the divisional director to the junior quantity surveying team. You will work closely with the director, supporting him commercially and deputising for him in his absence. You will have a hands on role and be responsible for the day-to-day management of a small team of junior quantity surveyors.
Typical duties will include:
- Management and mentoring of a junior team
- Client facing / management
- Cost Estimates
- Schedules of Work
- Builders' Quantities
- Bills of Quantities
- Feasibility studies
- Tender and contract documentation
- Cost Reporting
- Final Accounts
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have a good combination of pre and post contract experience - although applications with a strength in either area will definitely be considered
- Candidates should show demonstrable experience of running multiple projects; ideally in excess of or close to £1m
- Candidates should have experience in new build and /or refurbishment projects
- Candidates should be capable and willing to run a number of projects whilst supervising colleagues
- Applicants from either Private Practice or Main Contractor backgrounds are welcome
- Strong client facing skills
- Full membership to the RICS or similar equivalent professional body is essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will join an established and growing Leicestershire based QS and PM consultancy who work in a professional and collaborative environment.
Their offices are based just off the A6 in South Leicestershire and they have an enviable pipeline of work with a loyal and established client base.
They have a fantastic track record of promoting from within their business and there is a clear route for the successful candidate to be made an Associate Director within the business in the near future.
They are a sociable office who have many varied staff events as well as promoting charity work within the community.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Negotiable basic salary (to £65k)
- Generous holidays
- Pension scheme
- Car allowance
- In-house and external training
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend