Senior Quantity Surveyor
A new Senior Quantity Surveyor job role open to join a leading civil engineering infrastructure and marine contractor with a number of live and ongoing projects in the south of England in East Sussex, West Sussex and in Kent.
Previous experience as a Senior Quantity Surveyor in a Civil Engineering environment is essential.
A Senior Quantity Surveyor with civils / civil engineering and infrastructure experience is needed to join a leading civil engineering team based in Sussex, with site visits required to live project sites in Kent, Hampshire and across the south of England as required.
Successful Senior Quantity Surveyor candidate will work on a range of specialist marine and civil engineering construction projects including:
- Ports and harbour construction projects
- Marine and coastal related projects
- Seawalls and river coastal defence work
- Flood defence work
- Water projects including water framework and alliance work
- Civil engineering and infrastructure construction projects
Responsibilities and Duties
Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for:
- Procuring subcontractors at lower than Tender sums whenever possible and negotiating the best price for the company.
- Fully understanding the Contract and scope of work to advise and communicate with the relevant project team members.
- Discussing and developing procurement strategy with team members in accordance with the contract programme. Monitoring & updating, as necessary.
- Submitting timely applications for payments to ensure cash can be collected in accordance with the Contract.
- Recovering retentions in accordance with the Contract.
- Wherever possible pre pricing variations to maximise returns and evaluating and submitting prices in a timely fashion to achieve optimum outcome.
- Reviewing costs & value in conjunction with the site time to ensure timely & accurate forecasting.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of running own projects
- Suitable Senior Quantity Surveyor candidate will be able to demonstrate awareness and working understanding of ICE, JTC, ECC/ NEC (NEC3/NEC4) contracts
- Previous civil engineering site experience in civil engineering &/or marine and port civil engineering projects
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering & procurement processes
- Understanding of CVR’s & financial reports is desirable
- IT Microsoft Office Skills (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Teams)
- Previous experience of Ports and harbour, marine and coastal related projects, seawalls and river coastal defence work, flood defence work or water projects including water framework and alliance work is highly desired
- Candidates with building construction experience will not be suitable for this civil engineering Quantity Surveyor/QS job role.
- Full driving license.
- BSC in Quantity Surveying/Construction Management is desirable
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors membership (RICS) is also desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A well regarded national and international civil engineering and marine contractor with a strong order book and excellent cashflow and financial position.
This leading specialist onshore civil engineering subcontractor and main contractor employer provides a comprehensive range of specialist construction and civil engineering services from conception through construction to project delivery and completion. They work with a variety of national and international civil engineering contractors to deliver projects for UK infrastructure government agencies to protect coastlines, prevent flooding and secure land and assets.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary of £50-65k dependant on experience
- Car Allowance or Company Car