Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Quantity Surveyor is required to join one of the UK's largest main contractors on a £100m high end residential project based in Central London. The successful candidate will work as part of a commercial team on this project and have sole responsibility for one or more of the large packages of work on this exciting project.
The project is a £100m, 8 storey development on the Strand in Central London. The hiring company are responsible for delivering the projects shell and core. The project is largely a high end residential project as part of a larger mixed use redevelopment scheme including a hotel, office blocks and residential property.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will report to the Project Commercial Manager on the project and have responsibility for one or more of the major packages of work on this project. Specific Duties will include:
- Cost and Value Reconciliations
- Management of sub-contractors
- Dealing with contractual issues
- Managing reports
Desired Skills and Experience
- Will have a solid grounding as a Quantity Surveyor working for a reputable main contractor
- Must have experience of dealing with contractual issues on a project. Ideally you will have the knowledge and experience to deal with basic contractual issues without supervision.
- Previous experience of working as a package Quantity Surveyor on a larger development is advantageous
- Candidates must have previous experience of following strict systems and procedures with their previous employer(s)
- Candidates with a stable career history are desired
- A degree or similar equivalent qualification in Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject is desired.
- Candidates working towards or enrolled to work towards professional memberships such as the RICS or CIOB would be an advantage. (Full support will be given to achieving professional memberships by the employer)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a prestigious and desirable employer in the UK and global construction
industry. They have one of the largest turnovers of all main contractors in the UK and an exciting order book of projects with some of London's busiest developers.
They have a number of programs running within the business to assist employees with career development. This ranges from assisting employees in obtaining their relevant professional memberships, assisting employees to train for managerial roles and a Directors program identifying high potential candidates early in their career and training & supporting them to work at Director level within the business.
This employer would suit any Quantity Surveyor currently working for a leading main contractor in the UK who feels they may not be getting the assistance and support that they deserve to fulfil their potential.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£45,000 - £55,000
+ Company Car
+ Private Medical Cover
+ Pension Scheme
+ 26 Days Holiday