Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is being sought by a leading UK Main Contractor to work upon a number of PFI Framework new build and refurbishment projects in the North East region. Could this be an excellent opportunity to showcase your skills?
The successful candidate will be responsible for the commercial aspects of multiple PFI Framework new build and refurbishment projects in the North East region.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be answerable to the Commercial Manager and will be expected to complete a variety of Quantity Surveying duties including, but not limited to:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Conducting measurements
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of claims
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Extensive experience working on build projects
- Excellent negotiating skills
- IT Literate
- The ability to use your own initiative
- Work well within a team
- Highly organised
- A degree or similar equivilent in quantity surveying or alternative relevant discipline is highly desirable, but not essential for this role.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a market leading Main Contractor with a turnover exceeding £1bn in the UK. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a big player and to prove, and enhance your skills on Major Projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£35k-£45k per annum + benefits