Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8481 Job Posted 20/06/2018 Region South East England Location Uckfield, East Sussex Salary £55k - £65k + Car allowance + benefits Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
Due to a recent award, a Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to act as the commercial lead on a new, design and build school project valued at £27m and is based in East Sussex.
The successful candidate will work for a leading national main contractor with a group turnover in excess of £900m (Top 25 in the UK). You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to commercially manage high value construction projects to be considered for this role
The project is a £27m new build school being built on a Design & Build basis. It is due to start on site this summer and will run for circa 2 – 3 years. The site is based in Uckfield, East Sussex.
Responsibilities and Duties
This is a site based role, in which you will act as the businesses sole and lead commercial contact and be expected to commercially lead the project whilst providing regular reports to the Commercial Director. Typical Duties will include:
• Experience of pre-start reviewing design, contract and cost plan allowances
• Attend design team meetings
• Attend and contribute to regular client project meetings
• Experience of preparing Bill of Quantities from drawings and specification from groundwork to finishes
• Preparing and submitting tender packages
• Compiling of sub-contract orders
• Carrying out site measures and valuations against subcontractor applications, including issues of payment and withholding notices.
• Preparation of client applications and variation accounts
• Preparation and maintenance of procurement schedule and warranty tracker
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage projects / packages of work valued at circa £10m or above
- Previous experience with a reputable main contractor on projects within the built environment
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate clear and stable career progression within their CV
- Ideally have experience on Design & Build projects
- Candidates must be Degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification (Ideally graded 2:1 or above)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a highly respected main contractor with a turnover in excess of 900m. The specific division of the business that you will work within turns over in excess of £120m and has been steadily growing for many years. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work for a secure, established main contractor working on large scale, design & build projects within the built environment.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£55k - £65k
+ car allowance
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Hong Kong Island - Neg
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Croydon, South London - £50k + car allowance
- Senior Quantity Surveyor - 4,000 – 4,750 BD’s per Month all in
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Havant, Hampshire - £50k - £65k + Car
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Didcot, Oxfordshire - £55k - £65k (DOE)
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend