Senior Quantity Surveyor
Summary of Senior Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - Wakefield
Our client is currently searching for a talented and driven Senior Quantity Surveyor to become part of their renowned civil engineering division. The role will involve being part of an exciting project which will lead to global opportunities. The company thrives on innovative thinking, absolute transparency, and would love to share these abilities with the ideal candidate.
This contract consists of the construction of an essential road & highways project, providing fundamental development to the country's civil infrastructure.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts.
- Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
- Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes.
- Ensuring that all verbal instructions are confirmed and that all relevant notices are issued in connection with variations.
- Recognising and advising Site Manager on delays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevant notices are issued.
- Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in working with large civil engineering projects preferred
- Previous employment with large construction companies beneficial
- A confident communicator with all members of staff; a team player.
- You must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ideally educated to degree level (BSc or higher) in Quantity Surveying or similar
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The client is a leading, global ambassador for the construction industry, with a majority of its capital coming from outside Europe. Renowned for construction excellence, the company employs over 80,000 workers and amasses yearly profits up to 20 billion Euros. The company history includes prolific & innovative engineering and continues to be awarded prestigious projects with the continued expansion of the company.