Senior Quantity Surveyor - PQS
Responsibilities and Duties
- Tender evaluation & assessment
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Assistance with the negotiation of contracts
- Preparing and presenting cash flow & cost management advice to clients
- Interpreting and offering advice on contract
- Ensuring contractual notices and client entitlements are properly administered
- Preparation of contractor's payment recommendations
- Managing the process of Measuring & valuing variations
- Managing the process of Agreement of final accounts
- Attending meetings with clients and contractors
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven post qualification experience as a Quantity Surveyor.
- Capability to manage projects from feasibility through to completion with minimum supervision.
- Experience in residential and commercial sectors.
- Ability to be client facing and deliver services consistently to a high standard.
- Competent IT skills, including all Microsoft packages.
- Good communication skills.
- Ambition to help the Practice grow.
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is preferred
- MRICS Qualification, or working towards Chartership is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company handle projects that vary from multi-million pound commercial schemes to domestic alterations. They work closely with Clients, Architects and Services Engineers to ensure that the structure is fully integrated with the building design. The company have been active for over 4 decades and are looking for continued growth, and want to take people on who are keen to be part of a growing team.