Senior Quantity Surveyor Procurement Manager
A Senior Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager is required to join an international consultancy to Commercially Manage the procurement of materials on a major water framework from the client side.
You will be a Senior Quantity Surveyor managing the procurement aspects on a major water framework.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Being commercially responsible for the procurement or materials on the framework on behalf of the client
- Managing contracts from the client side
- Get involved with post contract work where necessary
- Working closely with multidisciplinary teams
- Cost Management
- Progress meetings and performance monitoring
- Taking ownership and responsibility for your work
- Potentially managing more junior level Quantity Surveyors/Procurement specialists if required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Solid knowledge of the NEC contract
- Experience of procurement on larger scale civil engineering projects, preferably on schemes between £60m and £150m in value (however applications welcome if not within that value band)
- Main Contractor or Consultancy background are both applicable
- Client interfacing experience
- Experience in a procurement role within civil engineering / infrastructure sectors
- Degree Qualification preferred
- MRICS or MCICES membership is preferred though not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are an international construction cost and project management consultancy operating across various continents, involved in some of the most prestigious projects in the UK and worldwide. They have a growing infrastructure division so there are great future prospects for those that join this side of the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car allowance, and other great benefits.