Senior Quantity Surveyor - Rail Framework
Senior Quantity Surveyor job to work for a premium civil engineering contractor on premium rail framework projects in the Cardiff, Bristol, Swansea and Swindon area. Capability and talent over length of experience is most important.
Senior QS role to work on the QS and contract administration of a Network Rail framework. The scope of the framework comprises structures, embankment stabilisation, overbridges, underpasses, and station works.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be leading a team of other quantity surveyors and will be required to take overall responsibility for all of the project’s quantity surveying functions. Some duties your role will involve include:
- Carrying out periodic valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs
- Preparation and monitoring of project cash flow forecasts.
- Measuring, valuation, submit and negotiate contract variations.
- Preparing to submit and negotiate project final accounts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Ensuring business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
- Regular communication with project management and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
Desired Skills and Experience
This civil engineering contractor is looking for extensive experience in a similar civil engineering contracting infrastructure environment - ideally both frameworks and a rail environment
- Strong post contract and final account experience
- An understanding of the principles of contracts and a range of contract experience and knowledge eg. ECC, ICE and NEC as well as the willingness to learn new forms of contract and procedures as required
- A diversity and quality of experience enabling you to take on a growing range of projects and duties rather than experience of one particular field
- Good communication skills and the ability to resolve issues with the confidence to undertake successful formal and informal negotiations
- Motivation to continue personal and professional development. A degree level QS qualification is desired but is not essential.
A QS degree and MRICS or equivalent is desired although all applications will be reviewed on merit.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A major national and international civil and building contracting company with a great reputation. This civils/rail/infrastructure employer rewards highly talented individuals based on capability and results rather than 'time served'. This is a great company for a fast track candidate to work for and allow the prospect of promotion to come quickly!
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Car/Car Allowance
- Contributory Pension