Senior Quantum ConsultantRef MAX8659 Job Posted 04/03/2019 Region London Location Central London Salary £55k - £70k + package Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Senior Quantity Surveyor with previous exposure to claims and dispute resolutions responsibilities is sought to work within the forensic expert witness division of a leading London based Chartered QS Practice.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor ideally with some exposure to claims and/or assisting Expert Witnesses, who would like to gain more exposure to expert witness work.
You will have the opportunity to join a highly reputable, vibrant Consultancy where you will predominantly work within the Expert Witness division. During such time, you may also be required to work on claims and general PQS work as required.
You will be office based in Central London, however projects that you will be involved in working on will vary in location, value and sectors. Such projects will also vary from being domestic projects within the UK and overseas projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the Arbitration, Litigation and Adjudication process
- Writing claims and sections of expert reports for commission leads
- Provision of specialist expert advice to external clients
- Utilise your Quantity Surveying expertise to analyse documents at an expert level and report your findings
- Complex claims consulting services on various projects in the UK and overseas, based from a London office
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have a strong background as a Quantity Surveyor. Ideally on complex, large scale projects
- Must have experience of carrying out claims and dispute resolution responsibilities, either in a traditional QS role or a Claims Consultant role
- Previous experience assisting in expert witness work would be highly advantageous, but is not essential
- Stable career history, ideally with reputable employers
- Clear motivation to work in the expert witness industry
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or other relevant construction discipline
- MRICS is strongly desired. However candidates close to gaining their MRICS may be considered
- MSc in Construction Law or similar equivalent is advantageous, however not deemed essential to join the business. Candidates will likely be required to complete this whilst working for the business, therefore if not already completed; candidate will need to be willing to complete this qualification in the future.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a highly reputable Chartered QS practice who provide Expert Witness, Dispute Resolution and Quantity Surveying services to the construction industry. With circa 50 staff working from their stylish central London office, the business prides themselves on their modern and vibrant working culture where candidates are given a degree of freedom that is not always common in the industry. They have a highly reputable external training program that staff will benefit from as well as being supportive with professional memberships and relevant further qualifications such as LLM’s / MSc’s in Construction Law.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £55k - £70k
+ Private Healthcare
- Senior Consultant Quantum Claims Glasgow, Scotland - Circa £50k - £65k + Benefits + Bonus
- Associate Director Quantum Claims Glasgow, Scotland - £65k - £85k (DOE) + Bonus
- Senior Quantum Consultant - Expert Witness London - Circa £55k - £70k (DOE)
- Quantum Consultant - Expert Witness London - Circa £40k - £60k (DOE)
- Senior Delay Consultant North Manchester - £55k - £75k (DOE) + Pension + Bonus
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend