Senior Quantum ConsultantRef MAX8725 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary Circa £50k - £65k + Bonus + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 29/07/2020 Status Live: Interviewing now
An exciting opportunity to move into the Expert Witness sector in the role of Senior Consultant (Quantum) exists for a Chartered Quantity Surveyor with an analytical and methodical mind and a passion to work in construction disputes.
The successful candidate can expect to work for an industry leading expert witness consultancy based out of their central London office. You will receive support and training from some of the most respected Experts in the industry and the opportunity to work on exciting and high value, international disputes.
No prior experience in expert witness services is required to apply for this role. The client is looking for highly professional, Chartered Quantity Surveyors that have a passion for construction disputes.
This is an exciting role to work for a market leading expert witness consultancy who are appointed on major international disputes. These have included some of the most high profile disputes in the world and relate to projects across all sectors of the construction and engineering industry.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Senior Consultant, you will work as part of a team and assist the senior management with the analysis of data and records of major disputes that are often preparing for arbitration or litigation.
- Gathering of data and records relating to the dispute
- Studying and providing a highly analytical analysis of records and documents
- Assessing grounds for negligence, unreasonable pricing and other quantum related issues
- Providing an expert opinion of your findings and backing them up with evidence where necessary
- Drafting sections of the expert report
- Liaising internally and externally with other parties involved in the dispute
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have had a successful background in a Quantity Surveying role, ideally for reputable employers and on large scale projects
- A highly analytical and methodical approach to tasks
- Incredibly thorough in your approach to work
- A personable and professional manner
- Genuine passion to progress in the expert witness sector
- Exposure to some claims / disputes related tasks within your role as a Quantity Surveyor is advantageous, however not essential.
- Must have a relevant Chartership. Ideally membership to the RICS, however other similar equivalents may be considered.
- Must be Degree qualified in a relevant subject (or similar equivalent)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the global market leaders for Expert Witness work around the globe. They have an excellent reputation in the market for providing expert services, and some of the most respected Lead Experts in the industry.
As well as having a fantastic reputation for their standard of work, they’re also highly respected as an employer. The business is large enough to have a corporate feel, however not too large that it has no personality.
They pay a competitive salary with regular pay reviews and are highly respected for promoting internally, meaning they offer excellent career prospects for candidates wanting a long-term career in expert services and ambitions to become fully fledged independent experts in the future.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £50k - £65k (Dependant on experience)
+ Discretionary bonus (in the region of 10% - 25%)
+ Benefits package (inc. Pension and private medical cover)
+ Potential financial support for further education (i.e. MSc / LLM in Construction Law)
- Managing Quantum Consultant Central London - Circa £70k - £90k + Bonus + Benefits
- Senior Claims Consultant South Yorkshire - Circa £750 - £800 per day
- Associate Director Quantum Claims Munich, Germany - Negotiable Basic Salary + Benefits
- Associate Director Quantum Claims Liverpool - £70k - £85k + Bonus + Benefits
- Associate Director Quantum Claims Manchester - £70k - £85k + Bonus + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend