Senior Quantum ConsultantRef MAX8882 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary £50k - £65k Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 14/02/2020 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
One of the World’s global leading claims and disputes consultancies is seeking to hire a Senior Quantum Consultant to work alongside their lead experts in their London office.
The successful candidate will ideally be a Chartered Quantity Surveyor with a passion for making a career move into the claims and disputes sector.
As a business, this employer carries out a range of QS, Claims and expert witness services. However, the London office is heavily biased towards expert witness related work and suitable candidates can expect a healthy amount of exposure to arbitration and litigation work, assisting one of the businesses industry leading experts.
Within this role, you will gain fantastic exposure to a variety of adjudication and arbitration work on exciting projects, both in the UK and internationally.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Senior Consultant, you will work as part of a team of Quantum and Delay orientated staff assisting the Directors with the quantum analysis for adjudication and arbitration assignments.
Specific duties may include:
- Assisting Directors and senior level management staff in carrying out quantum analysis for adjudication and arbitration matters
- Analysing large quantities of documentation and data relating to claims and disputes
- Assessing and submitting claims
- Writing reports
- Assessing details relating to disputes and assessing grounds for negligence
- Working alongside client teams to carry out claims and disputes analysis
- Provide accurate and concise advise to the client on disputes related matters
Desired Skills and Experience
- Should have a good understanding of how claims are put together and the key components of a claim
- Have several years of experience working as a Quantity Surveyor or in a similar commercial role
- Have exposure to working on larger scale, complex construction projects
- Previous exposure to adjudication / arbitration proceedings would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Have very strong analytical skills
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Membership to the RICS or similar equivalent body is strongly desired
- Any further qualifications (MSc / LLM etc.) in construction law would be advantageous, but is not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a global leading claims and disputes consultancy with multiple offices throughout the UK and a strong overseas presence.
They would make an ideal employer for any Quantity Surveyors who have a strong understanding about claims and disputes related work and are passionate about starting a career in this sector of the industry.
The client can guarantee an exciting variety of claims and disputes related work as well as the opportunity to work alongside industry leading professionals, aiding your training and development within the sector.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic salary in the region of £50k - £65k
+ Private Medical Cover
+ Other Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend