Senior Quantum Consultant
A specialist expert witness consultancy based in Dubai, UAE are looking to hire a bright and ambitious Chartered Quantity Surveyor in the role of Senior Quantum Consultant.
The successful candidate will need to be a full member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and have a good understanding of the role of an independent expert witness as well as a passion to progress their career in this very niche sector of the construction industry.
In return, you will work alongside a team of specialist disputes professionals including multiple industry-recognised experts within the quantum division of the business. Your role will be to support the lead testifying expert with quantum forensic analysis for disputes that are preparing for arbitration or litigation.
You will work on providing quantum support to the lead testifying expert on global disputes that can relate to projects of all sectors. Therefore providing the candidate with fantastic exposure to a wide variety of disputes and projects.
Disputes will predominantly be Middle East based, however given the size and scale of the business you are likely to work on disputes from all around the globe, whilst being office based in Dubai.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role will be to join a team of staff based in Dubai, providing support to the lead testifying expert in the forensic analysis of quantum data relating to specific areas of disputes heading for arbitration/litigation. You may be required to support teams in other international offices within the business on occasions.
Specific duties will include:
- Supporting the Arbitration and Litigation process
- Analysing big data. i.e. Analysing large quantities of claims documentation relating to the dispute and having the ability to quickly understand the key issues and components.
- Using Excel and similar programs to input and analyse quantum data relating to the dispute
- Provision of specialist expert advice to external clients
- Drafting sections of the expert report for the lead expert
Desired Skills and Experience
- We are looking for a well-rounded, chartered QS with exposure to complex projects
- Candidates should have a minimum of 4 years of experience in a Quantity Surveying role with a reputable employer
- Whilst candidates could come from a consulting background, some main contractor experience is desirable
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of how the key components of a claim and how a claim is put together. Not because this will be part of your role, but because you will be expected to review high volumes of claims documentation and quickly identify the key contentious areas for analysis
- Candidates must have an excellent understanding of the expert role in arbitration or litigation proceedings and demonstrate a clear passion for a long-term career in construction disputes
- Previous experience in a supporting role to an expert is NOT essential, as full training can be provided for the ideal candidate
- Highly methodical and analytical mind
- Meticulous approach to analysing, recording and documenting data
- The ability to write highly articulate reports
- Candidates must already be located in Dubai.
- Candidates must be full members of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or a similar equivalent professional body
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a global leading expert witness consultancy who are home to some of the industry’s most respected lead testifying experts. They offer quantum and delay based disputes services to their global client base and have successfully acted on some of the largest and most complex disputes in the World.
They are a market leader in what they do and a fantastic career option for any Chartered Quantity Surveyors who are looking to either start or progress their career in construction disputes with a global leading employer with fantastic career opportunities.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
35k – 42k AED per month all in salary
+ Generous Bonus (Circa 10% - 30% of annual salary)