Senior Quantum ConsultantRef MAX8880 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region Europe Location Dublin, Ireland Salary €55k - €70k + package Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 13/02/2020
The expert witness division of a leading disputes consultancy is looking to hire a bright, enthusiastic Senior Quantum Consultant to assist on arbitration and litigation assignments from their Dublin office, Ireland.
The successful candidates will likely come from a Chartered Quantity Surveyor background and have a reasonable exposure to claims related work within their role as a Quantity Surveyor. You must understand how a claim is put together and the key components to a claim. If you have any exposure to assisting an expert witness previously, that would be highly appealing. However, this is not essential as full training can be provided for this area of the role.
This is an office-based role based in Dublin, Ireland.
Whilst being office based, you will be exposed to working on worldwide arbitration and litigations assignments, sometime worth in excess of £250m. All work can be carried out from the office and little / no travel will be required. However you may work on assignments alongside other offices within the business that may require you to attend meetings in London from time to time.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Senior Consultant, the main purpose of your role will be to assist the lead expert in preparing their expert report for the court / tribunal. To do this, you will be responsible for analysing, interpreting and reporting specific areas of major construction disputes. As your experience and capabilities grow, you will be given increased responsibilities.
Specific duties will include:
- Supporting the Arbitration, Litigation and Adjudication process
- Analysing big data. i.e. Analysing large quantities of claims documentation relating to the dispute and having the ability to quickly understand the key issues and components.
- Using Excel and similar programs to input and analyse quantum data relating to the dispute
- Provision of specialist expert advice to external clients
- Drafting sections of the expert report for the lead expert
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have a strong background as a Quantity Surveyor or a similar commercially focussed role.
- Candidate must have a firm understanding of construction claims and how claims are put together as well as their key components. Not because you will be writing claims in this role. More because you will be reviewing a high volume of claims related documentation.
- Previous experience assisting an expert witness would be highly advantageous, however it not essential to have this experience as full training will be provided into the legal aspect of the role.
- Candidates with larger, more complex project experience are typically preferred, largely due to the potential exposure to disputes relating to extremely large projects.
- Must have a clear understanding of the purpose of an expert witness and what the role entails.
- Intelligent and passionate about working in the construction disputes sector
- Stable career history, ideally with reputable employers
- Highly analytical approach
- Highly motivated, with a strong work ethic
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or other relevant construction discipline
- MRICS is essential
- MSc in Construction Law or similar equivalent is advantageous but is not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a highly reputable construction consultancy who are a market leader in providing expert Witness, dispute resolution and Quantity Surveying services. The businesses Head office is based in London, with the Dublin office being one of several satellite offices which the business operates.
The business prides itself on their modern and vibrant working culture where candidates are given a degree of freedom that is not always common in the industry. They have a highly reputable external training program that staff will benefit from as well as being supportive with professional memberships and relevant further qualifications such as LLM’s / MSc’s in Construction Law.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa €55k - €70k
+ Private Healthcare
- Senior Quantum Consultant Central London - £55k-£70k
- Forensic Delay Planning Lead Rail Systems Integration Sydney - AUD 150K-200K/yr
- Director Expert Forensic Delay Abu Dhabi, UAE - Highly Negotiable
- Quantum Consultant London - £48k - £55k + Benefits
- Associate Quantum Expert London - £80k - £95k + package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend