Senior Quantum Dispute Resolution ConsultantRef MAX9051 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary Circa £65k - £80k Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 10/12/2020 Status Live: Interviewing now
A role exists for a Senior Dispute Resolution Consultant to work within a specialist commercial and contract management consultancy based in central London.
The role would suit a chartered Commercial Manager who is very familiar with construction disputes. In particular, adjudications. The successful candidate must have demonstrable experience of managing adjudication processes, either for a contractor or specialist consultancy.
Due to the hiring company’s workload, it would be preferred if candidates had worked on projects predominantly within the civils and infrastructure sectors.
Whilst working for the commercial and contract management consultancy, you will be assigned to projects to provide consultancy services to main contractors, sub-contractors and client organisations.
As a consultancy, the hiring company typically provides consultancy services, which relate to claims and dispute resolution. However, on occasions candidates may be required to carry out a more traditional Commercial Management tasks.
The hiring company provide services to clients working on projects across all sectors of the construction and engineering industry; however, there is a strong bias towards civils and infrastructure within their current portfolio of work.
Responsibilities and Duties
This is a senior role within the business and you will report into the Director of the South Region. You will need to be able to work largely independently and make sound judgements on day-to-day issues relating to the management of dispute assignments.
Candidates will lead assignments relating to the handling of claims, formal dispute proceedings including adjudication and potentially act in a Commercial Management role on live projects where required.
Duties will include:
- Managing and advising on adjudication proceedings
- Writing expert reports
- Writing strong narratives
- Review and analysis of tender and contract documentation;
- Commercial management of a construction project through to the agreement of the final account;
- Support with the preparation and defence of claims;
- Support with preparation of dispute referral, response and reply documents;
Desired Skills and Experience
The candidate must have a strong working knowledge of dispute resolution procedures, specifically Adjudication, and have prepared or assisted in the preparation of referral or response documents.
The successful candidate will need to have the ability to Interrogate, prepare and defend contractual claims ranging from single-issue disputes, valuation and payment disputes through to complex time and quantum disputes.
Candidates applying should have the following:
- Experience of managing adjudications
- Strong contractual knowledge of familiar contracts such as JCT, NEC and FIDIC
- Strong managerial skills to support and delegate work effectively amongst both internal and external staff
- Excellent writing skills and demonstrable evidence of writing narratives and reports for formal disputes
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Strong communication and client facing skills
- Candidates must be Chartered Quantity Surveyors. Ideally, with the RICS, however equivalent Charterships may be considered.
- Ideally candidates will have studied at higher education level, most likely an MSc in Construction Law or an LLM.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a British commercial and contract management consultancy with a prestigious client base of tier one main contractors, regional contractors, specialist sub-contractors and client organisations.
They operate nationally, as well as having some exposure to international projects. Much of your work can be done via the hiring company’s central London office. However, it is also common for employees to be embedded into their client’s team for a period of time, which will lead to being based on site or in clients offices within London and the South. Therefore, candidates need to be prepared to travel when required.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary: £65k - £80k
+ Private Medical
+ 25 days holiday
- Senior Consultant Claims and Dispute Resolution Birmingham - Negotiable
- Managing Quantum Consultant Central London - £70k - £90k + up to 30% annual bonus
- Quantity Surveyor Alternative Dispute Resolution Macclesfield, Cheshire - £55k - £70k (DOE)
- Quantity Surveyor Alternative Dispute Resolution Central Manchester - £55k - £70k (DOE)
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend