Senior Rail EstimatorRef MAX7997 Job Posted 05/06/2019 Region London Location Central London Salary Up to £70k + package Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Estimator to work in Central London on rail projects. You will be joining a first class global consultancy, whilst bringing with you some estimating experience in either signalling, depots, or general rail infrastructure such as track laying, earthworks and other associated civil works.
You will be an Estimator working on rail projects in London. You will be exposed to a variety of types of rail work including signalling, depots, and general rail infrastructure.
Responsibilities and Duties
Senior Estimator Job Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Review clients project proposals and documents and identify the key items for pricing
- Determine the clients price submission requirements and create the estimating plan and document
- Build up an accurate cost estimate in an elemental and analytical format with a level of detail commensurate with the level of maturity of the client’s project
- Liaison with the client team and designers to understand the project requirements.
- Prepare & present the commercial aspects of the price to the heads of department
- Provide estimating assurance and governance to management and delivery teams.
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Review the Preparation of cost plans
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive previous experience working in an Estimating role
- Experience working on either signalling, depots, or general rail infrastructure in the rail sector
- IT proficient with extensive exposure to use of spreadsheets & IT packages relating to estimating
- Experience of mentoring or assisting junior staff members in their development
- Degree qualified is preferred but not essential
- MACostE is beneficial but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is one of the leading construction and engineering consultancies on the globe, and are growing in the UK. They work on some of the most prestigious projects in the UK and internationally as well as various frameworks with clients. They are a multi-disciplinary consultancy that offer fantastic progression opportunities within.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a fantastic salary.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend