Senior Recruitment ConsultantRef MAX9138 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Hong Kong Island, Flexible Salary HK$25K-H$50K + commission Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 01/05/2021 Status Live
Maxim Recruitment is looking to employ a new Senior Recruitment Consultant or Recruitment Consultant to join the Hong Kong office team, based in Central, Hong Kong. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading international recruitment consultancy working in the construction, engineering and property recruitment sector.
The successful Senior Recruitment Consultant or Recruitment Consultant candidate will join the Asia team based in Hong Kong and will recruit and headhunt construction professionals for some of the world’s most exciting construction projects and employers in the construction, engineering and property sectors.
This Senior Recruitment Consultant or Recruitment Consultant level position will suit applicants with confidence, ambition and ideally some previous direct or indirect sales experience, ideally within recruitment or headhunting, although this exact experience is not essential.
Both the Recruitment Consultant and Senior Recruitment Consultant jobs at Maxim Recruitment offer a good salary and a market leading bonus scheme which is designed to incentivise hard work. Maxim Recruitment rewards recruiter professionals that do a good job for their employer clients and succeed in helping their network of premium candidates.
We are willing to consider recruiters that want to join Maxim on a flexible working or part time basis, and we are also happy to consider candidates seeking to work remotely for some of their working time.
As a Senior Recruitment Consultant or Recruitment Consultant working at Maxim, your day-to-day job role will vary according to your client’s needs, and in response to strategic internal recruitment objectives to develop client accounts and candidate networks. Some days you will be working on a dedicated retained client recruitment or executive search assignment, and other days you could be developing your market intelligence knowledge of client companies and their competitors; furiously? and market mapping and making new networking contacts.
Responsibilities and Duties
To be a good fit for a Senior Recruitment Consultant or Recruitment Consultant role at Maxim, we would expect candidates to be able to undertake the duties of a full ‘360’ recruitment role.
This means you will need to have the ability to take full responsibility for both developing and managing clients, and for researching, sourcing, matching, interviewing, and placing candidates with these clients. Each of the two ‘180’ aspects of this challenging recruitment consultant job role are explained below:
1: Recruitment Consultant Job Role: Client Development and Management Work
A Senior Recruitment Consultant or Recruitment Consultant working at Maxim will, as soon as they have been trained to use the Maxim systems and procedures, be allocated their own ‘desk’ – their own job role-specific specialist area within the professional construction industry in which they will become the go-to industry recruitment specialist. In order to satisfy client needs and expectations, you will need to:
- Fully understand your specialist recruitment area, including the leading companies, the job titles in most demand, the job duties of the specialist roles and the market rate salary and package levels required to make candidates accept and start a new job with your clients
- Build a market map detailing your area of specialist construction professional recruitment, and understand the construction recruitment clients to work with and the construction employers to approach and headhunt from, in order to source candidates for your repeat clients
- Be able to understand and interpret client job descriptions and be able to advise clients on how to source their recruitment needs successfully.
- Be able to select the jobs to work on and to diplomatically advise prospective clients why other jobs are unfillable in our view unless the person specification is changed to match construction recruitment market conditions
- Be able to manage a portfolio of live jobs at different stages of completion in order to ensure a manageable workload is maintained and client expectations are met in a timely fashion
- Manage multiple job vacancies and candidate searches at any one time that provide a diversity of brief in terms of location, role and employer type, while maintaining a logical core specialist construction recruitment specialist focus
- Identify new client business leads and develop these leads independently and proactively in order to grow your list of live fee-paying clients and your pipeline of prospective clients that will seek your services when they have recruitment needs
- Provide excellent service and successful recruitment outcomes for your clients to achieve repeat business, recommendation and a solid business model
- Develop and improve your industry knowledge from reading relevant trade press online, networking on the phone and via Teams/Zoom etc and learning from other team members in the office
The senior team at Maxim will provide training and mentoring to proactive and diligent Senior Recruitment Consultants or Recruitment Consultants so that they can become experts in construction client development and become successful client account managers and job vacancy fillers.
2: Recruitment Consultant Job Role: Candidate Development and Placement of Candidates in a Job
A Senior Recruitment Consultant or Recruitment Consultant working at Maxim, once trained to use the Maxim systems and procedures, will be fully trained to source, prequalify, interview, evaluate and propose candidates to client employers. At Maxim, we only start the candidate recruitment process once a full understanding of the client employer job vacancy and person description has been confirmed. Further details of candidate related recruitment duties include:
- Writing accurate, attractive, and literate job descriptions
- Preparing a recruitment plan to source suitable candidates
- Networking on the phone/Zoom/Teams etc to find out the attitude and employment status of potential candidates for live job vacancies
- Interrogating the internal market leading CRM recruitment database to identify suitable candidates to approach
- Interrogating external databases and data sources to identify suitable candidates to approach
- Preparing shortlists of candidates for each live role and following a logical and prioritised process to pre-interview and or interview candidates for live job roles
- Logging organised and methodical interview notes and evaluate the most suitable candidates for the job vacancy
- Preparing and submitting the final shortlist of candidates to the client (usually consisting of only 1-3 well matched candidates) with a full explanation to the client of why they have been selected and are recommended for job interview, and arrange a feedback meeting with the client to discuss in full
- Listening to client feedback and arranging candidate interviews as appropriate or if necessary, revisiting the job description and searching again for candidates as per any revision to the client’s job specification
- Negotiating job offers as appropriate and confirming start dates for successful candidates
The senior team at Maxim will offer training and mentoring to proactive Senior Recruitment Consultants or Recruitment Consultants to become experts in construction candidate development and recruitment of these construction industry candidates into client employer job roles.
Wider Responsibilities & Recruitment Job Duties
It is essential that Senior Recruitment Consultants or Recruitment Consultants joining Maxim have a pro-active approach to the recruitment and consultative sales process, mastering their knowledge of their recruitment sector specialism and learning the long established and highly successful Maxim Recruitment systems & procedures.
Working hours for full time recruiters at Maxim are 9am to 6pm in the Hong Kong office, 5 days a week for full time staff. Maxim staff across our offices around the world, will work extra time as required to ensure client satisfaction and that candidates are managed through the recruitment process to successful conclusion in their new job.
We are also very happy to consider part time applicants for recruitment roles, although exact job duties may need to be amended for practical logistical reasons.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Applicants for recruitment consultant roles at Maxim should be able to demonstrate that they have the confidence and motivation to talk with senior professionals via the telephone as one of their main daily tasks. These calls will be a mixture of warm and cold business development and sales calls as well as account management calls and candidate initial approach and interview calls.
- Excellent organisational planning and multi-tasking skills should be evident in previous employment experience gained in a similar role or one in which skills are transferrable
- Some previous experience of working in a sales-based role or doing regular sales related tasks would be highly advantageous.
- Previous recruitment experience is highly desirable although a consistency of employment history and a demonstrable loyalty to previous employers is more important than recruitment consultancy experience
- Knowledge of the construction sector is not essential as full recruitment and construction industry overview training will be given
- Previous qualifications or knowledge of the construction sector would be an advantage although not required. Applicants who are qualified or experienced within the construction industry itself & who are looking at a change of career direction would be very welcome to apply
- All applicants should be computer literate and able to use databases, Excel, Word, Outlook and be able to research information on the internet to a high standard
- For recruitment consultant job vacancies in Hong Kong, candidates should be proficient in both English and Cantonese - both verbal and written. Mandarin proficiency would be an advantage for recruitment assignments undertaken in mainland China.
- For recruitment consultant job vacancies in Toronto, Canada, it would be an advantage for candidates to be proficient in both English and Cantonese – spoken Cantonese would be most advantageous
- Recruitment Consultant applicants must be literate and numerate and be able to demonstrate this with appropriate qualifications or relevant employment experience.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in construction, English or other arts or humanities subject would be advantageous.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
- Maxim Recruitment is a specialist construction recruitment agency with offices in Leicester, UK, Hong Kong and Toronto Canada.
- Maxim Recruitment specialises in the recruitment of white-collar professionals in the construction industry such as engineers, project managers, quantity surveyors and claims and dispute professionals.
- The business was established in the UK in 2003 and international offices in Hong Kong opened in 2011 and in Canada in 2018.
- We have established strong construction client employer and candidate relationships, and we enjoy a high level of repeat and referred recruitment business.
New employees at Maxim Recruitment can expect training and mentorship from the experienced senior team during their initial 3 month probation period. Maxim offers a good salary and generous sales bonuses to reward success in a vibrant, exciting and competitive industry.
In addition to this vacancy in Hong Kong, the Maxim Directors are always interested to hear from strong candidates interested to join our other offices in Leicester UK and in Toronto Canada.
Applications with full CV stating preferred location, availability & desired salary to be made in the strictest confidence via the job advert posted on the Maxim Recruitment website.
We are very happy to consider both full time and part time applicants for recruitment roles, although exact job duties for part time recruiters may need to be more flexible or focused for practical logistical reasons.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
A highly competitive salary and market leading commission structure is on offer to the successful candidate.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend