Senior Site Engineer
International construction jobs don't get better than this! A Senior Site Engineer with experience in major civil infrastructure is required by a leading infrastructure contractor in UK to join their team on the iconic HS2 project.
You will be responsible to control a section of the works according to a specific discipline including management of a team of Site Engineers within same discipline.
You will based on the project in London.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce method statements and risk assessments and undertakes periodic reviews
- Prepare and raise temporary works briefs
- Undertake accident investigations and conduct safety audits, mentoring junior staff along the way
- Carry out complex setting out including primary control
- Interface with the operations team, health and safety team and commercial team and sub contractors and the client.
- Produce activity control plans and inspection & test plans and obtain necessary approvals
- Maintain comprehensive records aligned to the project handover requirements and ensure team completes the necessary quality check sheets including non conformance reports, tracking their close out
- Identify and raise RFIs and develop potential solutions, tracking their close out.
- Produce weekly programmes and measure progress against KPI's. Communicate programme and target to team
- Monitor as built programme and reports
- Drive subcontractors to achieve agreed programme of works
- Maintain accurate site records monitoring wastage against agreed KPI's
- Reconcile labour, plant, materials
- Identify additional items of work raising the necessary notifications
- Working in close liaison with various stakeholders and identifying risk that may impact on the achievement of the programme
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years’ relevant site management experience in civil infrastructure construction related projects
- Setting out surveying using theodolite, level and total station
- Good level of safety and environmental awareness
- Good level of commercial awareness including contract documentation, scopes of work, additional work and record keeping
- Able to work on own initiative, taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity
- Strong work ethic with flexibility work unsociable hours / nights
- Must hold a valid driving license
- Must be a strong team player with developed communication skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Good understanding on specifications, tolerances
- Strong knowledge of the construction process
- Having the right to live and work in UK is essential for this appointment
- Bachelor’s degree in construction, engineering or a related discipline
- Working towards professional accreditation; MICE for example
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Civil engineering recruitment in UK continues at pace as a leading civil engineering contractor who prides itself on pioneering new technologies to shape the world we live in. With an enviable track record and a booming order book, they invite suitably qualified and energised engineers to join them in their journey to excellence!
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary, allowances, medical, car, pension are are on offer to the right candidate