Site Engineer HS2
A Site Engineer with experience in major civil infrastructure is required by a join top-tier UK based civil engineering and rail contractor on their JV High Speed 2 (HS2) construction project in London.
Site Engineer HS2 candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Successful Site Engineer HS2 candidate will be involved in the construction of the Ventilation Shaft based in Central London. The work will involve large diameter shaft construction using segmental / sprayed concrete lining and RC structures.
Site Engineer will ensure that the Health Safety, Environmental Policies and Procedures are effectively communicated to the workforce and implemented on the iconic HS2 project.
Suitable Site Engineer HS2 candidates will have previous experience with a large civil engineering contractor or sub-contractor.
Responsibilities and Duties
Site Engineer HS2 duties and responsibilities:
- Day to day work site coordination and planning to ensure the works are carried out safely and efficiently
- Working with subcontractors to ensure the timely preparation Risk Assessment Method Statements, Inspection and Test Plans, Permits, Consents etc for the works and that these are implemented.
- Ensuring Permit to Dig, Temporary Works and other safety systems are implemented
- Liaison with the Site Foreman to ensure the adherence to safe methods of work.
- Ensuring all temporary works needs are identified sufficiently early and completed in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- Ensuring all quality checks are carried out in accordance with the ITP’s and properly recorded.
- The management of non-conformance reporting and managing the non-conformances on site until complete.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience gained on major civil engineering projects, preferably large diameter shaft construction using segmental / sprayed concrete lining and RC structures.
- Good level of safety and environmental awareness
- Good level of commercial awareness including contract documentation, scopes of work, additional work and record keeping
- Able to work on own initiative, taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity
- Strong work ethic
- Must be a strong team player with developed communication skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Good understanding on specifications, tolerances
- Strong knowledge of the construction process
- CSCS card
- Bachelor’s degree in construction, civil engineering, or a related discipline
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Site Engineer HS2 candidate will join an established main contractor on the iconic HS2 project. This leading joint venture consortium JV is delivering a major portion of the tunnelling across London for High Speed 2 (HS2).
The value of the project is around £2billion with the works due for completion in around 2025.
This employer encourages flexible working.
Professional development, such as subsidised further study, or payment of professional membership fees are available for suitable candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- BUPA Healthcare
- 25 days leave + bank holidays
- 1 x professional membership
- Life & Accident Cover