Site EngineerRef MAX9183 Consultant Daria Tkach Region South East England Location Sussex Salary Negotiable Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 12/07/2021 Status Live: Interviewing now
An exciting Site Engineer job role to join a leading civil engineering infrastructure and marine contractor with a number of live and ongoing projects in the south of England in East Sussex, West Sussex and in Kent.
You will be expected to work on various Client sites throughout the UK.
As Site Engineer you will be responsible for surveying, setting out and quality assurance monitoring for activities on site. Using a range of surveying equipment and CAD products to allow delivery of accurate and timely support to site teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
Site Engineer will be responsible for:
- Day to day setting out and surveying, as well as monitoring of movement, vibration levels, noise levels, material certification etc.
- Checking calibration of survey equipment.
- Recording details & inspections undertaken.
- Checking & recording new drawing issues for amendments & variances to work completed, underway or planned. Reporting these to the Site Manager.
- Highlighting programme conflicts & possible sequencing issues with the G/F & Site Manager.
- Sharing responsibility for site security, health and safety, and the organisation and supervision of the material and human resources
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience of working on construction sites ideally in the marine, flood defence, water, or infrastructure environment in an engineering role
- Proven experience of supervising team members is desirable
- CSCS Manager/Academically Qualified Card
- Knowledge and compliance with health, safety & environmental legislation
- Competent in the use of EDM, Total Stations, GPS surveying systems and automatic levels highly preferable
- Experience of the use of point cloud date would be an advantage
- Competent with surveying and AutoDesk software packages, ideally LSS or Civils 3D
- Microsoft Project and IT Microsoft office skills (including word, Excel, Outlook)
- Full Driving license
- HNC/HND in Civil/Structural Engineering
- A BSc Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or similar is desirable
- EngTech, IEng o CEng ICE membership is desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A well regarded national and international civil engineering and marine contractor with a strong order book and excellent cashflow and financial position.
This leading specialist onshore civil engineering subcontractor and main contractor employer provides a comprehensive range of specialist construction and civil engineering services from conception through construction to project delivery and completion. They work with a variety of national and international civil engineering contractors to deliver projects for UK infrastructure government agencies to protect coastlines, prevent flooding and secure land and assets.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Basic salary £35-45k dependant on experience
- Car Allowance or Company Car
- Project Engineer for HS2 London, UK - GBP 36K- 54K + benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend