Technical Director GeotechnicalRef MAX8681 Job Posted 04/06/2019 Region Hong Kong Location Kowloon, Hong Kong Salary HK$125K - HK$150K Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
A global engineering, management and development consultancy is seeking to appoint a high calibre Technical Director - Geotechnical to join their leadership team and play a pivotal role in growing a regional team and delivering a regional sector business strategy.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Sector Leader, you will provide technical and commercial leadership across a diverse range of projects from conceptualisation, through feasibility and design to construction implementation. You will promote technical excellence and participate in identifying and developing business opportunities.
Your Next Challenge
- Technical and team leadership in design, construction supervision and project management of infrastructure projects with significant geotechnical components
- Lead a team of related engineering technical staff and be responsible for staff management, schedule key tasks in response to client project demand.
- Developing best practice for project delivery, drawing on and working with client's global community of geotechnical and geological experts
- Delivering projects to meet our client’s needs whilst maintaining sound financial control
- Fostering development of expertise among our staff
- Develop client relationship and attend business related functions; actively participate in acquiring new work, as both participant and bid leader.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Practical experience in implementing and interpreting ground investigations
- Working with design teams, the expertise to achieve development of robust, cost effective designs, drawing on modern practices.
- Experience across a wide range of geotechnical situations as found in Hong Kong (slope stability, tunnels, foundations and reclamation)
- Solid experience in design, construction supervision and project management
- Sound track record of successfully delivering projects in a consultancy environment
- A team player with good interpersonal skills and presentation skills. You can motivate others to achieve project goals
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and ideally Cantonese.
- Proactive and quality oriented, with a client-centric outlook, together with a high sense of accountability.
- A demonstrable track record of meeting exacting technical standards.
- Exemplary expertise in management of planning and design; experience of both buildings and infrastructure works will be an advantage.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Able to work with a range of project stakeholders, contractors and clients.
- Degree in civil engineering or related disciplines
- Chartered member of Honk Kong Institution of Engineers with strong post-chartered experience in geotechnical aspects of infrastructure and other development in Hong Kong.
- Registered Geotechnical Engineer under the Buildings Ordinance preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a best in class global engineering, management and development consultancy providing innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the construction, engineering and built environment across the globe.
An employee owned business with our teams working across multiple sectors covering amongst others residential and commercial buildings, transport, infrastructure, utilities, environment and project management.
At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is it people and our client strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel.
The group is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region. Maxim has been retained to provide recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly competitive salary package and benefits available for the successful candidate including employee share options.
- Technical Director, Civil Kowloon, Hong Kong - HK$125K - HK$150K
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend