An interesting role as Technical Manager exists for an individual with strong technical knowledge and likely coming qualified in an Engineering subject.
The successful candidate will get the opportunity to manage large scale residential sites comprising of multiple units. Typical sites will be located within an hour of Bedford. In particular, East and West of Bedford, typically between Cambridge and Banbury.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will report to the Technical Director and be responsible for Project Managing developments from acquisition through to completion. Typical duties will include:
• Commissioning of road and sewer design work and arranging for tender
• Commissioning ground investigation reports and ascertaining foundation/specific requirements.
• Liaison with service companies and highway/water company engineers
• Instructing consultants/surveying departments to tender and to carry out infrastructure works
• Arranging street lighting designs, costs and services to be completed
• Liaise with key staff and customers regarding on-going progress
• Submit and obtain approval for Building Regulations/Control via NHBC or Local Authority
• Report on all engineering costs for site development targets and monitoring until completion
• Ascertain and agree costs under collaboration agreements
• Arranging pre-start meetings with contractor, agreeing programme and constraints as appropriate
• Ensure Section 106 requirements are met including payments
• Completion of S278, 38 and 104 agreements with sew easements as appropriate, together with service authority contracts
• Transfer of substation sites and pumping station sites as appropriate.
• Completion of sew requisition agreement and implementation works
• Arranging postal numbers/street names for developments
• Setting up management companies for apartments and private roads
• Arranging surfacing contractors and implementation of remedial works, leading to road/sewers being placed on maintenance
• Inspection with highway/water company engineers as required
• Inspecting roads/sewers to ascertain remedial works prior to adoption
• Monitoring costs and referring any defects/issues to contractor
Desired Skills and Experience
• Previous experience at Project Management level within the Housebuilding industry where you have responsibility for technical issues involved in large scale housing developments
• Experience of managing all technical elements of house building
• Excellent communication and organisational capabilities
• Ability to resolve issues quickly
• Candidates will ideally hold a Degree in Engineering or a similar related subject
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a highly reputable, regional housebuilder who has recently opened a Bedford office due to growth within the South East region of the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£50k - £60k + Car Allowance / Car+ Benefits Package