Exciting long term opportunity for Technical Managers with experience in infrastructure design and delivery, looking for a job in Hong Kong. Our client, one of the major Hong Kong contractors, is busy bidding, winning and delivering major infrastructure projects and looking to appoint an experienced Technical Manager to join the team.
You’ll be based initially in our client’s Hong Kong office. You will initially provide critical input into major tenders related to tunneling and infrastructure projects across Hong Kong. You will also provide engineering expertise across all ongoing and recently awarded projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To provide engineering and technical services for tenders and projects (including TBM tunnel projects) and to ensure engineering works and technical services are carried out consistently and are aligned to client's and project objectives.
- To promote the business to clients, consultants and supply chain.
- To look strategically at how tenders can become more competitive and projects more profitable through engineering and technical solutions.
- Tender workshops and client presentations
- Business Development: Coordinate with the management to identify & collaborate with potential clients and consultants for the growth of the client’s brand in the market.
- Pre-Contract: Oversee the engineering and technical discipline for tender submissions and provide solutions for temporary and permanent works design, including value engineering that can provide a competitive advantage. Manage consultants for engineering and technical aspects of bids to ensure optimal and cost-efficient solutions that meet client requirements. Liaise with key supply chain as necessary when evaluating solutions for tenders.
- Projects: Support engineering and technical staff and requirements of projects. Implement and coordinate the development of a design program to meet the requirements of procurement and construction program.
- Staff Shortlisting & Coordination: Coordinate with projects & HR on available engineering and technical resources regarding workforce allocation. Shortlist suitable candidates for projects.
- Supply Chain Management: Review the performance and compliance of engineering consultants and aid by taking corrective action where necessary. Assist projects in selecting design consultants and reviewing scope of service requirements. Guide and support project teams where innovative solutions including new products/methodologies and technologies are being considered.
- Product / Methodology Consistency: Coordinate with the quality manager to ensure policies & procedures are in place and reflect best practices, consistently.
- Development of Staff: Coordinate with the HR team to train & develop engineering and technical staff to promote internal organic growth. Additionally, identify potential successors to key role positions.
- Safety: Coordinate with the Health & Safety team to ensure compliance with the company’s legal requirements. Work with HSE to ensure safety procedures related to engineering and technical discipline reflect best practices.
- Source of Knowledge: Provide engineering and technical advice to the project team as may be required. Liaise with the client’s HQ technical department.
- Innovation: Keep up to date and evaluate business case for new products/methodologies/ technologies that exist in the market which can provide the client a competitive advantage. Champion implementation and change into the business.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 15 years of comprehensive working experience in a construction company.
- Tunneling (including TBM) project experience
- NEC4 experience
- Strategic thinking and performance driven. Good leadership and communication skills. Competent in decision making and developing others. Has experience in change management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Member of Professional Association is an advantage
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a major Hong Kong civil infrastructure contractor with offices across Asia. They’ve completed numerous civil engineering and building construction projects regionally. They are looking to strengthen their core team in Hong Kong and can offer an exciting and stable construction career path and seeking a long-term commitment in return.