Temporary Works Coordinator HS2
A top-tier UK civil engineering contractor is looking to appoint an experienced Temporary Works Coordinator to join their High Speed 2 HS2 JV team in London.
The Temporary Works Coordinator must have a proven track record acting as a TWC on large scale civil engineering projects.
It is a permanent role, and Temporary Works Coordinator is needed to start as soon as possible.
Temporary Works Coordinator role is to ensure that all HS2 Temporary Works are adequately and safely designed, constructed, implemented, and removed in accordance with Project Procedures. Successful Temporary Works Coordinator Candidate will be reporting and working closely with Area Temporary Works Manager and support them accordingly.
A working understanding of the principles of BS:5975 is required along with an awareness of PAS 8811 and PAS 8812 standards.
You will be part of the temporary works team based in West Ruislip, London. In this Temporary Works Coordinator position, you would be helping to deliver the HS2 main civils contracts which include both Lots S1 and S2.
Responsibilities and Duties
Temporary Works Coordinator job duties will be to:
- Understand and apply the principals of PC’s TWC as defined in BS5975:2019, PAS8811:2017 and all other applicable standards, including HS2 and SCS TW Procedures and Technical Standards.
- Agree with the Designers/Checkers and other Parties on the level of risk and design checkCoordinate all Temporary Works activities
- Ensure that a detailed design brief has been produced, with full consultation, is adequate and is in accordance with the actual situation on site
- Advise the permanent works designer of any temporary conditions, or loads, that should be
- considered in the permanent works design
- Ensure that a satisfactory Temporary Works design is carried out
- Ensure that the design is independently checked for concept, structural adequacy and compliance with the brief
- Register or record the drawings, calculations and other relevant documents relating to the final design
- Ensure TW documentation is adequately maintained within the site management systems
- Ensure that those responsible for on-site supervision receive full design details, with significant risks and design limitations highlighted
- Ensure that checks are made at appropriate stages covering the more critical factors
- Ensure that any proposed changes in materials or construction are checked against the original design and appropriate action taken
- Ensure that any agreed changes or corrections of faults, are correctly carried out on site
- Ensure that during use all appropriate maintenance and routine inspection is carried out
- Issue formal permit to load/proceed if final check(s) prove satisfactory
- Obtain the criteria that allows the temporary works to be removed
- Ensure temporary load cases are adequately considered
- Mentor TWS’s and site engineers along with regular briefings to the site supervisors.
- Provide specific briefings on the limitations of Temporary works schemes in conjunction with the designer where appropriate
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of four years Environmental advisory experience in the environment and construction industry, ideally projects in rail, highways or tunnelling
- Previous Temporary Works Coordinator TWC experience, ideally on large civil engineering projects in rail, highways or tunnelling
- CSCS Card
- CITB Temporary Works Coordinator Course (preferred)
- Completed SMSTS (preferred)
- Understanding and application of BS5975:2008+A1:2011/2019.
- Thorough understanding and application of the CDM Regulations 2015
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong organisational, team working skills
- Civil or Structural Engineering Qualification, minimum of an HNC/HND, preferably BEng or higher (MEng, MSc).
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Temporary Works Coordinator candidate will join an established main contractor on the iconic HS2 project. This leading joint venture consortium JV is delivering a major portion of the tunnelling across London for High Speed 2 (HS2).
The value of the contracts combined is around £3.8 billion with the works due for completion in 2025. These works include twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks, and the construction of site compounds.
This employer encourages flexible working. Professional development, such as subsidised further study, or payment of professional membership fees are available for suitable candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Basic Salary up to £60k
- Travel Allowance
- Full package disclosed to suitable Temporary Works Coordinator candidate