Tendering Engineer - Security Systems
A leading Security Systems Consultancy is looking for an office based Tendering Engineer to work from their office in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire. The hiring company are total solution providers, from design to installation of IP based Security Systems. The successful candidate will work on tendering for projects which will include CCTV networks, perimeter intruder detection systems and under vehicle scanning systems.
The hiring company work with leading Government agencies and high profile sites that need advanced IP based security systems. Systems will range from CCTV to perimeter intruder detection and lots in between. Typical clients include the Home Office, Ministry of Defence and UK Borders Agency.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work as part of a professional office of employees in the role of Tendering Engineer. Your main responsibility will be to produce accurate tender documents and help prepare bid proposals for future projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have previous experience of preparing tenders specifically within the security systems industry
- Specific experience and knowledge of IP based security systems is strongly desired. Rather than Analogue security systems
- Previous tendering experience will ideally be on large buildings such as prisons, schools, offices rather than private residential projects
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent team working skills are required
- Must be highly computer literate
- Candidates will likely hold a formal qualification in an electrical / IT based subject. However this is not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company provides security solutions to areas that require the highest level of security protection. They are a total solution provider, from design through to installation. This covers the correct testing methodology, system fine tuning, maintenance and complete with a full call out and support service.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £25k - £30k + Benefits