Trainee Quantity Surveyor
A highly reputable Central London based contractor is looking to hire a Trainee Quantity Surveyor for their office at Oxford Circus, London. The successful candidate will be a recent Quantity Surveying graduate with an ambitious personality and plenty of enthusiasm.
The successful candidate will receive the highest level of in house training and be exposed to both pre and post contract work as a trainee which will give them a fantastic start to their Quantity Surveying career.
The hiring company specialise in working with blue chip clients in Central London on large scale refurbishment projects. The typical value of their individual projects range from £5m to £30m in value and are largely in the commercial and residential sectors. 90% of their projects are within a 5 mile radius of their Oxford Circus Office.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work closely with the Senior Quantity Surveyor whilst on site and performing a post contract role on live projects, whilst also working and learning form the Managing Quantity Surveyor by assisting with tenders and pricing up future projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional, ambitious and enthusiastic Quantity Surveying graduate to work for a leading London contractor and get experience and training on all aspects of the Quantity Surveying role.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will ideally have some post qualification experience as a Quantity Surveyor. This could include candidates that have worked during a placement year whilst studying for their degree.
- Candidates must be highly confident and ambitious.
- Candidates must display a willingness to learn and have a strong work ethic
- Strong organisation and planning skills are essential
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are essential
- Candidates should have completed a Degree qualification (or similar equivalent) in Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company was set up 10 years ago by several Industry leading Directors and the business has grown year on year to its current turnover of £102m. They have 126 staff in total, who are spread between their Oxford Circus based office and sites within Central London. They are a medium sized business that are highly professional and work with Blue Chip clients. They have a strong 'work hard, play hard' work ethic within company and would suit candidates who would like to work in such an environment.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£25k - £30k Basic Salary
+ Car Allowance
+ Other Benefits