Utilities Engineer job to be based in Bedfordshire or London to provide support to the Head of Utilities and to efficiently and effectively deliver the functions of the property company’s Utilities department to provide advice and support to prepare properties for renovation and sale.
A Utilities Engineer is needed to join a leading property company with offices in Bedfordshire and London working all around England. You will be based 3 days either on site or in the Bedfordshire or London office and 2 days working from home.
The Utilities Engineer role is to provide project support to the Utilities department and to efficiently and effectively assist in the delivery of utility dilapidation and replacement work.
Project values vary widely between £100k to £500k for works to up to 200 units based at up to 15 sites at any one time.
Working as Utilities Engineer you will be part of the Utilities Project Management team, you will report directly to the Head of Utilities within the organisation.
Your key tasks will be to supervise and manage residential utility dilapidations works and the higher value utility replacement works. These can be for power, potable water & drainage to houses being renovated for sale on the open market.
Responsibilities and Duties
Houses are being released by the client to be renovated & many require assessment as to whether they need to be separated from previous utilities and connected to new mains utilities and statutory undertakings. The key role for the Utilities Engineer is to manage the engineering process (using the services of consultants and contractors) to ensure that the utilities for properties are connected in the most efficient manner. The utilities include power, clean and dirty water & related piping and drainage.
Detailed Utility Engineer Job Duties Comprise:
1. Prepare, negotiate, manage and administer external Consultant and Contractor Term Contracts
2. Arrange and commission desk top utility studies for newly acquired sites
3. Organise surveys of private utilities infrastructure
4. Organise and manage private utility repairs
5. Prepare and submit Landlord/Tenant Dilapidation claims for external utilities
6. Prepare Resident Management Company budgets
7. Financial and programme management of multiple projects and upkeep of internal project management databases
8. Provide utilities engineering support to internal Build and Development teams
9. Prepare, negotiate and deliver Professional Services Contracts
10. Develop an effective working relationship and manage various stakeholders including consultants, contractors and external authorities
11. Project manage residential first-time water, wastewater and electric provision schemes spread geographically across England and Wales
12. Prepare project budgets, cost plans and prepare financial appraisals
13. Attend ad-hoc project site meetings
14. Ensure regulatory compliance and monitor Health & Safety on construction projects
Desired Skills and Experience
The Utilities Engineer must have relevant utilities experience particularly within potable water and sewerage networks.
Must be familiar with utility company application processes and ideally experienced in the delivery of water company requisition, self-lay and adoption schemes including Section 104 sewer adoption agreements.
A Knowledge of NEC Engineering and Construction (or similar) forms of contract is preferable.
Ideally qualified to degree or HND level in an engineering or other technical construction related subject although relevant utilities experience, particularly potable water and sewerage networks is most important.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading and highly experienced developer and owner of privately rented housing in the UK. Their portfolio of homes extends to over 40,000 units and ranges from one-bedroom apartments to large family homes. They offer employees a dynamic working environment, generous salaries and good career progression.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous Basic Salary c£70,000 - £80,000 + Company Car + Fuelcard
- Negotiable based on experience