Assistant Quantity Surveyor
An exciting junior level Quantity Surveying vacancy exists with a national contractor working as the main contractor on a £36m Industrial / Commercial development in Wolverhampton. This role would likely suit a recently qualified Quantity Surveyor or a student currently studying for a Quantity Surveying qualification.
The project is a £36m Industrial development based in Wolverhampton, with an extensive commercial element to it. The projects starts on site at the end of September and the is for a major client in the automotive industry.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will be expected to provide day-to-day commercial assistance to the Senior Quantity Surveyors on one or more projects with a view to being given smaller projects to handle independently in time.
Typical duties you will be involved in assisting with will include:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Conducting measurements
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of claims
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideally candidates will have some experience in a junior Quantity Surveying role. This can include a work placement, post graduate experience or experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor whilst studying a qualification. Fresh graduates will also be considered.
- Candidates must be bright, articulate, confident and generally have excellent written and verbal English skills
- Candidates must have strong communication skills as well as excellent organisational and planning skills
- Candidates must be able to work accurately and perform tasks to strict deadlines
- Candidates will ideally have completed or by working towards a degree (or similar equivalent qualification) in Quantity Surveying or another relevant subject
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a national contractor with a particularly strong presence in the Midlands and South East regions. They are a rapidly growing business, with the Midlands area being their strongest region of growth by some way. Their turnover is circa £100m and plans are for this to grow by double in the next few years.
They have a strong culture within the business for aiding candidates personal development, whether that be through the companies formal training structure or assisting with costs for studying and attaining RICS membership.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£20k - £35k Basic Salary +Car Allowance & Fuel + Private Medical Cover + Any University / College fees paid + Pension