Associate Director - Project Advisory
This Associate Director job role is a managerial role within the business and requires candidates in providing Project Advisory services to leading Clients in the planning, delivery, review and turnaround of complex live project and programmes.
You will manage the implementation and recovery of complex live projects as well as acting in accordance with the stakeholders' management of time and budget.
The role of Associate Director Project Advisory is needed to provide Project Advisory services on live projects, which include project review, recovery and stakeholder management.
Responsibilities and Duties
As an Associate Director within the business, you will report into the Director and be responsible for the management of a single or multiple client assignment (dependant on size and complexity). Your Associate Director job duties will include the:
- Managing Project Advisory services to leading Clients in the planning, delivery, review and turnaround of complex projects and programmes - including retail, residential, O&G, energy, manufacturing, public and government infrastructure.
- Supervising substantial, multi-sector advisory expertise in the development, implementation, and recovery of complex, large-scale projects, including Consultant, Contractor, and Client positions.
- Analyse prospective and ongoing capital projects for compliance with project stakeholders’ management of time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Identify the risks associated with large-scale complex projects and deliver practical, experienced, and actionable mitigation tactics.
- Advise on governance and contract structures, analyse cost and schedule progress at critical milestones, and offer project participants, executives, directors, investors, and government agencies with detailed status briefings.
- Ability to review external client’s issues on problematic projects and advise on their contractual position and provide strategic advice on the most effective forms of dispute resolution.
- Applying robust and methodical analytical skills to all aspects of the construction claims work and adopting a flexible and adaptable approach to problems encountered and to client requests.
- Ability to provide claims consultancy advice on live contracts and projects in distress to a high professional standard.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in the management and leadership of professional teams in the delivery of professional services, assisting in the successful completion of live projects.
- Experience in analysing cost and schedule progress at key milestones to aid in the recovery and review of the project.
- Experience in specialist projects and programmes consultancy team specifically focused on the development and optimization of Client capital projects and programmes.
- Experience in the development of client relationships, and the creation of team and organisational success.
- Previous experience within the “Big Four” management consultancies of live project recovery, i.e., PwC, Deloitte, EY, and KPMG are highly desirable.
- Ability to provide leadership to internal and external members of staff, including key stakeholders.
- Familiar with a variety of forms of contract such as JCT, NEC and FIDIC.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Ability to identify business opportunities and develop new business.
- At least 10+ years of experience in a premium, main consultancy background with large-scale, complex projects
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject such as Quantity Surveying
- A post graduate qualification such as MSc / LLM in Construction Law would be advantageous, but may not be essential for the ideal candidate
- Relevant professional membership including to the RICS, CIArb, ICES etc.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the largest construction consultancies in the UK. Within this role you will work within a specialist division of the business that focusses exclusively on construction claims and disputes related assignments.
The employer is a renowned brand with offices throughout many major UK cities as well as a strong international presence. In this growing division within the business, there are strong opportunities for career development and progression.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic Salary in the region of £70k - £100k (Dependant on Experience)
+ 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
+ Contributory pension scheme
+ Car Allowance
+ Private medical cover