Associate Director Quantity Surveying
Quantity Surveying Associate Director, Chartered with 15+ years of postgraduate experience is required to join a long-established cost consultancy in Dubai.
The consultancy is seeking any of the following: an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor, Commercial Manager, Managing Quantity Surveyor, Senior Cost Manager or Associate; with strong managerial skills and 15 years postgraduate experience to fill the role of Associate Director.
Prior postgraduate experience of working in the United Kingdom within a quantity surveyor or cost consultancy firm is strongly preferable, as well as a related degree accredited within the UK.
The individual should hold a RICS (or equivalent Chartership) and ideally have previous experience of working in the Middle East region to work for one of Dubai's leading Cost Consultancies as a Team Leader focusing on their airport related work.
The successful candidate will be responsible for and oversee pre and post contract work within the airport division of the QS business and will be based in Dubai.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate appointed as Associate Director will manage a team of Quantity Surveyors and Senior Quantity Surveyors / Cost Managers and Senior Cost Managers working on pre and post contract work on behalf of a leading Dubai airport client. Some of your typical duties will include:
• Performing Value Engineering and Cost control techniques on construction contracts
• Managing FIDIC conditions of contract and using international methods of measurement.
• Coordinating with Client & handling correspondence
• Checking of the Project QS’s work
• QA/QC for Payment, Rates, AVV, Commercial Report review
• Attend Meetings
• Cashflow Preparation & Value Engineering
• Setting targets for finalising the job for SQS & QS etc.
• Tender evaluation & assessment
• Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
• Preparing and presenting cash flow & cost management advice to clients
• Interpreting and offering advice on contract
• Ensuring contractual notices and client entitlements are properly administered
• Preparation of contractor’s payment recommendations
• Measuring & valuing variations
• Agreement of final accounts
• Management of other members of staff, both Quantity Surveyors, Senior Quantity Surveyors and Measurement Technicians
Desired Skills and Experience
- 15+ years of postgraduate experience is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL.
- 2+ years prior experience based in the UK is strongly preferred, specifically experience working with premium UK cost consultants and/ or main build and civil engineering contractors. The addition of a related degree accreditation in the UK is strongly preferred.
- Chartership (MRICS, FRICS) is STRONGLY PREFERRED.
- Previous Middle East experience is strongly preferred.
- Recent experience on airport projects is highly desirable.
- Ideally having worked pre- and post- contract from either a Consultancy or Contracting background, though experience of working in both would be highly desirable.
- Candidates will need to have a hands-on approach to Quantity Surveying, despite this being a management role.
- Candidates that have some knowledge and experience of dealing with claims would be preferred.
- Candidates MUST hold an RICS accredited Degree or similar equivalent qualification with a MINIMUM of 15 years post graduate experience as a Quantity Surveyor. This is a prerequisite from our clients to get approved onto the project and CANDIDATES WITHOUT THIS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR SHORTLISTED, UNLESS they have current EXCEPTIONAL airport experience and are running a team of QS’s with client interaction at a SENIOR level.
- Candidates should ideally be a full member of the RICS or hold a similar equivalent membership to a professional body.
- Candidates should additionally hold an accredited degree in QS or equivalent within the UK.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A long-established quantity surveying and cost management consultancy, this company is a dynamic quantity surveying/commercial management/cost consultancy that has been established in Dubai for over 20 years and offers an unrivalled service to their repeat clients.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
• Negotiable salary (Likely between 45k - 55k AED p/m as a guide)
• 26 Days Holiday p/a + Public Holidays
• Likely 5-day week