Senior Quantity Surveyor
A new Senior Quantity Surveyor role with a privately, owned timber company in Oxfordshire. This manufacturer specialises in the supply and construction of sustainable open and closed panel timber frames. This is an opportunity with possibility to work from home few days a week.
Suitable candidates will have a good understanding and knowledge of the house building sector, ideally timber frame and offsite construction.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for delivering successful projects, from order through to final account, ranging in value from £500k to £5M. Senior Quantity Surveyor will be a part of commercial team, and will be required to support and develop Assistant Quantity Surveyors.
The employer operates across several sectors including, private housing, affordable housing, student accommodation, medical facilities, hotels and education.
Senior Quantity will be reporting to the Commercial Manager. This is hybrid role, with opportunity to work from home as agreed.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some of the duties for this Senior Quantity Surveyor role:
- Working within cross functional teams, to deliver projects to the correct price and specification, on or ahead of programme and on or under budget.
- Completing the pre-construction activities and ensuring that projects are setup on the ERP system in accordance with the contract documents and within the required lead in period
- Maintaining a full and detailed command of the project brief, including the build methodology, scope of works, programme and costs
- Preparing and issuing Sub-contract tenders and working alongside the Contract Managers to negotiate and place Sub-contract orders
- Reviewing and approving the fortnightly sub-contractor payments
- Day to day Contract Administration including variations, applications for payment and notices
- Liaising with the Finance department on a weekly basis and providing the business with up-to-date information on payments, overdue debt and retention
- Identifying commercial risks and potential solutions and highlighting them to the relevant members of the project team and/or Senior Management
- Competing monthly cost reports, presenting them to the wider business and Senior Management team and proposing actions to improve performance where possible
- Ensuring the continuous development of the Assistant and Quantity Surveyors
- Maintaining close dialogue with the Construction team to determine site progress and other site related issues
- Assisting with the day-to-day management of the Commercial department, reporting on project and individual performance and maintaining accountability for all allocated projects or clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of the JCT and/or SBC sub-contracts
- Broad based knowledge of the Construction Industry, the House Building Sector in particular and ideally timber frame or offsite construction
- Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor with a strong track record of delivering projects.
- A confident negotiator with the ability to build client relationships whilst mitigating contractual risks
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills to build up long term client relationships
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attentive, paying close attention to detail
- Manages time efficiently,
- Ability to work well in a team
- IT skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Qualification to Degree level in a relevant Quantity Surveying related subject
- Professional Membership of RICS or Similar professional body
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a timber systems manufacturer, specialising in the supply and construction of sustainable, state-of-the-art open and closed panel timber frames. Main sectors will include private housing, affordable housing and commercial buildings.
They develop their employees by offering career development and promotion opportunities across the company.
Full details of this manufacturer will be given to shortlisted candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Company Car/ Allowance
- Cycle to work Scheme and Gym Membership