Chartered Senior Quantity Surveyor
Chartered Senior Quantity Surveyor job with a leading Chartered Quantity Surveying Practice based in Nottingham. As the Senior Quantity Surveyor / Senior Cost Manager / Employers Agent, you will take responsibility for multiple projects from a portfolio that could be new build or refurbishment of affordable housing, social housing, retirement apartments, healthcare or student accommodation projects.
Chartered Senior Quantity Surveyor will be based at the office in Nottingham, with flexibility to work from home.
Chartered Senior Quantity Surveyor role with a leading Chartered Quantity Surveying Practice based in Nottingham. Pre and post contract responsibilities and to run own projects and manage others. Fantastic career prospects.
Most projects are long term client work, either negotiated or won as a part of a services framework. Significant work is repeat business from clients such as housing associations, developers or relate to insurance work which is ongoing and expanding in scope.
Many clients are key accounts that require high levels of service to maintain and expand services provided. Work can include both new build construction and refurbishment works.
A combination of office-based work and home working can be agreed to meet the new employee's needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some of the Chartered Senior Quantity Surveyor job duties will be to:
- Take the lead on a range of construction projects and to supervise the work of Quantity Surveyors Assistant Quantity Surveyors and Apprentice Quantity Surveyors.
- Undertake and manage a range of pre and post contract quantity surveying duties such as cost estimating, BOQ production, feasibility studies, tender documentation and contract documentation production, valuation work, cost reporting and final account work.
- Act as the principal point of contact with the project client and the other consultants on the design team.
- To take responsibility for allocated client accounts and to build relationships with them to ensure satisfaction with the service provided and to identify areas in which the client account can grow
- To work independently and take responsibility for the successful delivery of the Quantity Surveying and Project Management services on all the projects you are working on.
- Actively seek responsibility and accountability and to stand in for the Associate Quantity Surveyor in their absence.
- Act as the Employer’s Agent on Design & Build projects
- Follow the company QMS Quality Management System during the delivery of all services
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and implement excellent time management strategies.
- Ensure all clients receive an excellent level of service.
- Train and assist Quantity Surveying colleagues
- Attend marketing and business development events to represent the company and to seek and secure additional work
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in running your own projects as Quantity Surveyor and / or Project
- Manager for either a Private Practice, Construction Company, or related organisation.
- Proficiency in measurement, ideally using CostX Measurement Software
- Experience in running large, complex projects independently
- Strategically minded with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and managerial skills
- High levels of attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Skilled negotiator
- Valid UK Driving Licence and own car is essential
- MRICS Chartership is required
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying Construction Cost Management or similar
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading Chartered Quantity Surveying and Project Management consultancy working on projects across England, with a focus on the Midlands, Home Counties and South of England. Operating in counties including Leicestershire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex and Kent, they are growing fast and have a full order book of social housing, housing, student accommodation, healthcare and other industrial and commercial building related work to undertake for clients for years to come.
This leading employer values loyalty and consistency and rewards their hard-working staff with generous salaries, bonuses, professional development and the payment of professional fees. They encourage and facilitate strong working and social relationships across the company. Maxim Recruitment is proud to have worked with this company for many years and recommends them highly. Full company overview details will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary with regular reviews
- Car Allowance
- Professional membership fees paid
- Discretionary bonus
- 26 days annual leave (increasing with time served)
- Potential for hybrid working (up to 2 days per week WFH)