Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor with 10+ years of postgraduate experience is required to work for a Dubai based Cost Management Consultancy. The successful candidate will join a premium Quantity Surveying employer in Dubai and get involved and pre and post contract QS work on Dubai Airport.
The successful candidate will be responsible for pre and post contract work within the airport division of the QS business and will be based in Dubai.
Scope of work will be both pre and post contract on airport related construction projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your duties as a Senior Quantity Surveyor with this QS / cost consultancy company will focus on pre and post contract work for Dubai Airport and is likely to include a combination of:
- Undertake Value Engineering and Cost control techniques on a range of construction contracts
- Administer FIDIC conditions of contract and international methods of measurement.
- Review of the all the Correspondence, handle claims, prepare the final account.
- Attend meetings, drafting the MOM and Rate and measurement dispute handling, AVV, quotation review, Value Engineering etc.
- Supervision of and preparation of cost plans
- Supervision of and management of tender evaluation & assessment work
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Managing, checking and preparing and presenting cash flow & cost management advice to clients
- Interpreting and offering advice on contract
- Ensuring contractual notices and client entitlements are properly administered
- Management of and preparation of contractor’s payment recommendations
- Checking the measuring & valuing variations
- Taking responsibility for the agreement of final accounts
- Management of a number of other members of staff, both Quantity Surveyors and Measurement Technicians
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of postgraduate quantity surveying experience is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL
- Demonstrable experience on your CV of your ability to perform unassisted all or almost all of the quantity surveying duties listed above
- Experience of managing junior and other quantity surveying staff and of taking full responsibility for project progress and completion
- Experience of a Senior Quantity Surveying role on £10M+ projects in the UK or larger is desirable to assist swift integration into the massive projects & associated methods of working in Dubai
- IT proficient with extensive exposure to spreadsheets and QS specific software
- Previous experience on airport projects or comparable infrastructure projects would be advantageous, however is not essential. This could be from working for either a main contractor or a cost consultancy
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent from a UK or internationally recognized university is essential as is 10 years of postgraduate quantity surveying experience
- Full membership to a professional body such as the RICS is strongly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a dynamic quantity surveying/commercial management/cost consultancy that has been established in Dubai for many years, and offers an unrivalled service to their repeat clients.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Negotiable salary but in the region of 45k AED+ per month all in
- Medical Insurance & other benefits