Senior Quantity Surveyor
A new Senior Quantity Surveyor job role open to join a leading civil engineering infrastructure and marine contractor who specialises in civil and environmental operations in the UK. The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor candidate will have proven track record of commercial Management of contracts, ideally in river/coastal sector. Hybrid working from home model available.
Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for commercial performance across a range of marine related civil engineering projects in the Midlands which include lake, river, flood defences, bridges, marinas, canal works and lock gates. Project values range between £30k and £4.5M in value.
Main role will include managing commercial staff and maximizing commercial opportunity of all assigned projects in a responsible manner to meet the needs of the business while developing new client relationships.
This Senior Quantity Surveyor role will be split between working in the company’s office in Tamworth and working from home few days a week.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for:
- Full civil engineering post contract QS duties
- Manage variations and direct labour and plant matters in a fast-paced live project context.
- Manage the NEC 3 or NEC4 contract & ensure cashflow and profitability is maintained.
- Manage the procurement of sub-contractors in a timely manner with completive tendencies where possible
- Client management, creating and maintaining open communication with the client
- Produce contract Budgets, Costs to Complete and Cash Flow Forecasts to enable real time decisions to be made for the commercial benefit of laws and the client
- Understand the requirements of all the Stakeholders of the project including but not limited to statutory authorities and regulators
- Manage commercial staff within the business and mentor their development
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10 yrs + experience in relevant civil engineering, marine, groundworks or piling related contracting works
- Management of contracts up to £5million in value
- Internal Cost reporting
- Production of Budgets, C2C’s and cash flow forecasts
- Comprehensive knowledge of NEC forms of contract
- Budget setting and reporting against Budgets and forecasts
- Full client and Sub-contractor management on projects
- Previous experience of management of other commercial team members
- Knowledge and experience of Sub-contractor management from inception to completion
- Ability to liaise and converse with clients in a professional manner
- HND/Degree in Quantity Surveying or commercial management of construction contracts is desirable but not essential
- Professional accreditation with the ICES or other similar professional institution is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A leading national civil engineering and marine contractor and specialist contractor operating from regional hubs across the UK. With clients including the Environment Agency and the Canal and River Trust, as well as main contractors and developers, this marine and civils specialist is steadily growing in size and reputation.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Hybrid Working, work from home 2-3 days and in office 2-3 days
- Car Allowance or company car
- Other benefits will be disclosed to short listed applicants