Senior Quantity Surveyor HS2
We are working with a top-tier UK based civil engineering and rail contractor, to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor on their JV High Speed 2 (HS2) construction project in London.
This Senior Quantity Surveyor job role will involve responsibility for managing a small team and navigating commercial risks on tunnelling civil engineering contracts.
The Senior / Managing Quantity Surveyor will manage a team of three individuals, be self-motivated, disciplined and commercially astute with the ability to identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks. The role will require excellent communication and customer facing skills along with working as part of a team promoting our culture and values.
This Senior Quantity Surveying role will work on the HS2 project.
This QS employer is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts for Tunnels & Approaches in the London area. The scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), sprayed concrete lining (SCL) tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Quantity Surveyor duties and responsibilities will include:
- Lead and develop the efficient and effective management and issue of accurate, timely and contract compliant documentation.
- Work closely with project management and engineering teams and liaise with Employers commercial team and client team.
- Produce documentation / evidence to demonstrate KPI achievement.
- Progress continuous own professional development.
- Competent in the application of IT skills to commercial management and the production of project documentation.
- Demonstrate and maintain commercial and technical knowledge and work closely with technical staff to develop appropriate techniques and solutions for the project.
- Assist with preparation of periodic progress valuations and claims for work completed.
- Produce monthly cost reports, forecasts, and contract budget reports.
- Maintain effective, accurate cost control.
- Ensure contractual and commercial risks and opportunities for realising efficiencies are identified to the Project and Commercial Managers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 years post-graduate commercial experience in the construction industry with a demonstrable track record, desirable but not essential
- Demonstrable subcontract management of NEC 3 Contracts in excess of £10m
- Practical approach, logical thought process and a methodical way of working
- A creative, strategic and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Extensive experience of drafting effective contractual correspondence and the facilitation of collaborative solutions
- Demonstrable financial and commercial acumen
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrable legal, contractual and construction knowledge and experience
- Confidence and ability to assert influence
- RICS / CICES accredited degree
- Chartered status with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or Institute of Civil Engineering Surveyors (CICES) is desirable or working towards approved training scheme for membership / full Chartered status
- Holder of a CSCS card
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor candidate will join an established main contractor on the iconic HS2 project. This leading joint venture consortium JV is delivering a major portion of the tunnelling across London for High Speed 2 (HS2).
The value of the project is around £2billion with the works due for completion in around 2025.
This employer encourages flexible working.
Professional development, such as subsidised further study, or payment of professional membership fees are available for suitable candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary and benefits package available to the successful Senior Quantity Surveyor candidate