Senior Quantity Surveyor
An exciting client-side Senior Quantity Surveyor role based in Birmingham to join a reputable, growing consultancy. You will be undertaking commercial duties on mostly industrial and commercial projects, alongside other sectors such as education and leisure.
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is needed to perform pre and post contract duties on a number of ongoing projects. The project portfolio primarily includes industrial estate, including sheds, distribution centres, warehouses, and logistics. Full driving license is essential.
The company offers flexibility and great work life balance, with opportunity to work from home, alongside great team based working environment. There is significant long-term opportunity for career development with this privately owned, growing business.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of a Senior Quantity Surveyor will include, but not be limited to:
- Undertaking and managing a range of pre and post contract quantity surveying duties such as cost estimating, BOQ production, feasibility studies, tender documentation and contract documentation production, valuation work, cost reporting and final account work.
- To work independently and take responsibility for the successful delivery of Quantity Surveying services on all live projects.
- To take responsibility for allocated client accounts and to build relationships with them to ensure satisfaction with the service provided and to identify areas in which the client account can grow.
- Take the lead on a range of construction projects and to supervise the work.
- Ensure all clients receive an excellent level of service.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Senior Quantity Surveyors must have 5 years post graduate experience in the construction industry from a client-side role
- Ideally previous experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor on industrial, logistics, commercial, education or leisure projects
- A demonstrable and stable track record of successful projects
- A great work ethic and enthusiasm towards developing your career
- A great team player, capable of working under your own initiative and as part of the group
- IT skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to be able to organise and prioritise your workload
- Full driving license
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is expected
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer provides high quality services in Project Management and Quantity Surveying/Employers Agent work to a high-profile client base, with a particularly strong expertise in industrial and commercial projects alongside other sectors such as education and leisure. They aim to attract and support the right people and to empower them to achieve their potential through continued professional development and great opportunities. There are real and exciting opportunities for those looking to make significant contribution to the organisation.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary negotiable based on previous experience
- Flexible working
- Package confirmed with shortlisted candidates