Senior Quantity Surveyor
Exciting opportunity in the Hong Kong construction jobs sector. Our client, a top-tier Hong Kong-based construction and engineering contractor, is looking to hire an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on the third runway project at the Hong Kong airport.
As the site Project Quantity Surveyor, you will be working at Hong Kong Airport on the Airport Authority’s Third Runway project. This project is valued at HK$7.2 billion and is being constructed between 2020 and 2024. The scope of work includes:
- 1.8km-long eight-cell tunnel structures for the transport system automated people mover (APM) and the baggage handling system (BHS).
- 19 ancillary buildings, building services, and airport systems installations
The above scope of work is planned to be built using a highly mechanized approach and specialist plant to help. Our client has been able to reduce the labour content by using innovative temporary works solutions and choosing designs that support the reuse of struts. They have also been able to introduce DfFA for some of their E&M systems. The project is a mix of civil and building work however, it will mostly focus on civils work.
Responsibilities and Duties
Working within the income team, the duties and responsibilities of the Project Quantity Surveyor:
- Prepare major compensation event or variation quotation including the remeasurement of the compensation event.
- Managing the NEC4 Option D form of contract
- Establishing effective processes and systems to be utilized throughout the project life cycle.
- Provide accurate and timely cost planning advice, and price variations for the purpose of securing maximum revenue from works completed. This will include maximizing payment and minimizing time to be paid from variations in the scope of work that were originally agreed
- Attending site meetings
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of relevant building and civil engineering project experience working with a main contractor
- Experience of managing an NEC4 Option D form of contract is highly desirable
- Strong experience in cost planning and contract administration including the preparation of major variations
- Experience of working for a main contractor is highly preferable
- Strong written and verbal English skills are required
- Ability to work independently at Project QS level is essential
- Degree or higher certificate in Quantity Surveying or a related subject is expected
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This leading Hong Kong based construction and engineering contractor has a focus on civil, building, foundations, E&M, facades, and interior works and design.
They have an annual turnover of US$2.5 billion and employ over 7,000 staff. They offer their employees a stable construction career path and are probably one of the best construction companies to work for.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Attractive salary and benefits package available to the successful candidate.
- Transport to/from site