An exciting new Quantity Surveying job vacancy in Norway to join a newly awarded c£2Billion (Euro2,000 million) civil engineering road project with major bridge and tunnel sections of work.
One of the biggest ever civil engineering road construction projects in Norway has now been awarded under a PPP framework to a consortium of companies.
Expected to be under construction for the next 5 years, the project is currently mobilising and completing initial procurement activities.
The project itself is a 10km, four-lane road link that includes 22 bridges, including one 900m long suspension bridge that will be 30m wide and over 100m high. There will be 12.5km of tunnels, made up of numerous tunnel portals and underpasses and two twin tunnels of almost 5km in length.
Responsibilities and Duties
Maxim Recruitment has been asked by a major player in this massive road and highway civil engineering project in Norway, to assemble a team of Quantity Surveyors that have civil engineering contracting experience and that have the following Quantity Surveying, Cost Management, estimating, procurement and claims capabilities:
- Able to assist with procurement
- Able to send out tender enquiries and to manage responses
- Able to prepare, interpret and take action from BOQs (Bills of Quantity)
- Able to track and manage subcontractors & defend a contractual position
- Able to collate & log claims and where appropriate submit to the client to ensure entitlements are being identified and claimed
- Able to understand and act on preambles
- Able to keep thorough records
- Able to understand, interpret, manage and administer a bespoke FIDIC form of contract
- Able to report efficiently to a Managing QS and Commercial Manager level and to work as a part of a large commercial/cost/Quantity Surveying project team
Desired Skills and Experience
Ideal candidates for Quantity Surveying roles on this massive road, bridge and tunnel civil engineering project in Norway will have the following profies:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a civil engineering contracting Quantity Surveying role
- Experience of managing procurement and tender enquiries
- Experience of managing subcontractors
- Experience of managing a construction contract, entitlements and of preparing and defending claims
- Basic knowledge of FIDIC or equivalent forms of contract used in major civil engineering projects
- Exposure to PPP (Public Private Partnership) contracts would be advantageous
- Ideal candidates will be Norwegian citizens, or have access to Norwegian citizenship or right to work, or will be European Citizens. British citizens matching the criteria are also invited to apply
A qualification in Quantity Surveying such as a BSc Quantity Surveying or equivalent would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer seeking Quantity Surveyors here is a consortia of international construction companies. Employment will be offered by the consortia itself and may well be for up to the full 5 years anticipated project duration.
Given the location of the project, nice accommodation can be found around 30 minutes away, and there are full amenities, including leisure and skiing facilities within short travelling distance.
There are a number of Quantity Surveying job roles available and suitable candidates are encouraged to apply with an updated CV in Word format as soon as possible.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary levels will be assessed and offered based on previous relevant experience and capability to undertake the above duties.
Good calibre candidates can expect an all-in salary of up to around £40,000 after tax, and some fantastic major civil engineering project experience.