Associate Director Quantum
Quantum Associate Director job based Dubai to work with Quantum Experts on a range of high value Middle East and international projects that are in dispute and are heading towards resolution through the process of arbitration.
Based from Dubai, UAE, you are likely to work on and visit projects based in Dubai, other UAE Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi and Kuwait.
A Quantum Associate Director job is available based in Dubai that would be suitable for a Quantum Senior Consultant already working within quantum disputes or would also suit a Senior Quantity Surveyor currently working with a major contractor on decent sized UK projects and who has gained significant claims and quantum experience on live contracts.
Suitable candidates will be looking to take a Dubai based role to specialise in quantum disputes work and will be specifically wanting to work for a premium expert consultancy operating at the top of the specialist construction disputes industry providing independent expert opinion and helping clients through complex arbitrations.
Strong analytical problem solving, and communications skills are essential for this challenging construction quantum role that will give you access to some of the world’s most interesting and challenging construction disputes underway in Dubai and the Middle East today.
Responsibilities and Duties
As an Associate Director within the specialist Quantum division of the construction disputes business, you will work with the Dubai and the international quantum team, including noted quantum experts and in consultation with members of the delay team, to identify the best approach to individual arbitration matters in order to assist clients in attaining the desired legal outcome.
Reporting to a Director based in Dubai, who will be a Lead Testifying Quantum Expert, you will support their workload, undertaking senior quantum related duties relating to multiple arbitration and expert witness assignments as well as support aspects of live project work relating to contract administration or other distressed project support work.
Specific Quantum Associate Director Job Duties May Include:
- Analysis of construction accounts, costs, values and payments to identify errors or opportunities
- Undertake technical analyses using appropriate methodologies and prepare reports on findings that can be incorporated within expert reports used in arbitrations and adjudications
- Write sections of quantum expert reports for checking by the quantum expert
- Provide specialist quantum related advice to the client through reports and presentations
Desired Skills and Experience
In order to have the necessary experience to undertake the Dubai based Associate Director Quantum job role described above, it is expected that suitable Associate Director Quantum candidates will have recent experience either as a Quantum Consultant or Quantum Senior Consultant, or as a Senior Quantity Surveyor or Project Quantity Surveyor with a premium reputable UK main contractor.
Middle East experience is welcome, however strong experience in the UK or comparable advanced construction market is also desirable. In particular suitably experienced candidates for this Associate Director Quantum job role will have:
- 7 or more years’ experience working in a relevant Quantity Surveying or cost controls capacity for a reputable contractor (possibly a premium cost consultancy company covering both pre and post contract works and contractual matters)
- Will have had experience of overseeing and managing the commercial administration of various construction contracts, assessing claims for legitimacy and quantum, and leading on the resolution of disputes with the supply chain
- Experienced and capable of managing, administering and understanding key forms of contract such as NEC3 ECC & PSC contracts, framework agreements, and bespoke forms of contracts (e.g. minor works and major design contracts)
- Strong previous experience of undertaking claims assessments, undertaking dispute discussions, handling risk identification and mitigation matters, and able to undertake contract reviews.
- Be able to evidence specific experience of construction disputes, to include claims, arbitration and/or litigation procedures & report writing skills and experience
- Able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills including experience drafting reports or briefing documents for management or stakeholders relating to construction claims, or ideally for litigation/arbitration (and show demonstrable ability to write and conduct business in English)
- Be able to demonstrate strong skills using relevant software tools required to be able to access source data such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), MS Project, Primavera P3/P6, Suretrak & similar IT tools
- Experience overseeing and managing the work of junior level QS or Quantum Consultant staff
- Ability to communicate highly technical material to non-technical audience
- Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, creative problem solving skills and be able to evidence the ability to work as a part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management or similar
- Master’s degree in relevant construction specialism highly desirable, especially construction law LLM or similar
- MRICS or MInstCES or equivalent is highly desirable or progress towards Chartership actively underway
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Maxim Recruitment works with a range of construction dispute organisations around the world in the UK, Middle East, Hong Kong and Asia as well as in Canada and other parts of the world.
This construction disputes employer provides the specialisms of both quantum and delay services in the Middle East, and has a regional hub based in Dubai, UAE. They offer independent expert opinion services to their large international client base around the world and specifically in the Middle East.
They specialise in international arbitration, general commercial arbitration/litigation, forensic accounting, and other specialist services across a number of sectors.
Their experts maintain integrity, quality, and objectivity when solving complex disputes, delivering details analyses, and articulating meaningful results in a clear and concise manner.
The experts working for this organisation have testified across the globe on many of the largest construction delay and quantum matters, and their dispute services include forensic scheduling, project cost/quantum analytics, and liability reviews.
Full details of this premium international construction disputes specialist and their operations across Hong Kong, Asia, the UK and the USA and Canada (and worldwide) will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous all in salary to cover accommodation and living costs
- Annual bonus
- Pension & Life & Medical Insurance