Construction Delay Analyst
Excellent opportunity for a construction Delay Analyst to join a highly regarded construction delay and expert witness team and work on a variety of domestic and international construction disputes. This is an entry-level early career Construction Delay Analyst job.
Working as a part of a premium team of experienced delay analysts and a Who's Who Legal (WWL) recommended delay expert, this is a rare and extremely exciting chance to step into the world of construction disputes.
While receiving premium training and support to develop your abilities and skills so that you can work towards becoming a delay expert yourself, you will work collaboratively with the testifying expert witness and perform forensic analysis on several projects concurrently.
The employer in Central London is open to discussing flexible working schedules, which may include both regular office days and, some time spent working from home.
You will be exposed to a broad range of construction dispute-related duties in this Delay Analyst role. Your main responsibility will be to assist the expert witness to perform forensic analysis on several projects concurrently. This will cover both local and international disputes with values normally between £2 and £10 million, but sometimes exceeding £200 million.
You will undertake the following work while assisting the expert witness:
- Mediation reports
- General claims and disputes advisory work
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of this Construction Delay Analyst job include the following:
- To investigate the causes of delay
- Apply your knowledge of a range of delay analysis techniques
- Develop factual chronologies of events
- Deliver timely analysis of construction projects to establish the causes of delay
You will gain knowledge and experience while working alongside the expert in a structured way with the long-term objective of preparing you to eventually be able to carry out the lead delay expert role independently.
Desired Skills and Experience
Previous Construction Delay Analyst experience desired includes:
- Experience of working as a engineer or planner
- Work as a team to provide baseline and submissions of the schedule.
- Good working knowledge of a variety of planning software (e.g., P6, Powerproject)
- Knowledge of various analysis and investigating methods (e.g., As-Planned vs. As-Built, Time Impact Analysis, Window Analysis)
- Able to interact confidently with clients and solicitors.
- An appreciation of or the willingness to research and learn the common methods of delay analysis, as set out in the Society of Construction Law Delay and Disruption Protocol.
- High quality of presentation skills, both written and oral.
A relevant construction degree such as a BSc in Civil Engineering
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a small / niche but highly regarded disputes consultancy with WWL recommended experts in the business.
The candidate may have several options for where to work in central London as well as the possibility of some home working since this employer is flexible with the candidate's work schedules and has a collaborative working environment.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic Salary in the region of £50k - £70k p/a dependant on experience
+ Private health insurance cover
+ Mobile phone
+ Relevant professional fees paid
+ Annual discretionary bonus