Senior Consultant - Delay Analyst
Our client is a bespoke, London based claims and disputes consultancy searching for a senior level Delay Consultant to join their growing team.
This role would particularly suit candidates currently working for traditional contractors, consultancies, or client organisations in a role where they have had exposure to carrying out delay analysis and using planning software’s such as Primavera and Asta Powerproject and Microsoft Project.
The successful applicant will be required to work on a variety of commissions as part of a growing team of planners and delay analysis.
The hiring company offers a range of specialist consultancy services to its clients who are experiencing problems in their projects and do not have the in-house expertise to resolve them favourably.
Services can include:
- Advisory services in relation to dispute avoidance and dispute resolution
- Preparation of claims
- Negotiation and settlement of claims and disputes
- Support and representation in mediation and adjudication
Due to the nature of the services this employer offers, candidates will gain exposure to a unique issue on a wide range of projects varying across all sectors of the construction industry.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Forensic investigation of project delays.
- The preparation of perspective and retrospective delay analyses across a wide variety of construction and engineering projects. This will include the assimilation of technical information along with evidence of delays and the presentation of information in both programmes and reports.
- Preparing programmes for new construction projects and the monitoring and resequencing of existing programmes to ensure live works are completed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- The preparation of written reports for use in negotiation, as well as formal dispute resolution processes such as mediation, adjudication, and litigation; prepared as either advocate or assistant to an independent expert.
- Preparation or defence of extension of time claims on behalf of employers, main contractors, and sub-contractors.
- Working independently or with client teams to carry out ‘live’.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience as a construction project planner.
- The ability to use planning software such as Primavera P6, Asta Powerproject and Microsoft Project.
- A good working knowledge of various standard forms of contract, including NEC and JCT.
- A degree of understanding of contract and law within the construction industry, with a particular understanding of matters in relation to planning and delay.
- Excellent team working skills along with the ability to work autonomously.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and circumstances.
- Degree level education in a construction related field.
- Relevant MSc in engineering and/ or Construction Law and Disputes would be advantage.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a London based, bespoke claims and disputes consultancy with circa 25 staff. They are a well-established, growing business with an expert team of staff which includes accredited mediators, qualified adjudicators and practicing expert witnesses.
They have a strong network within the legal profession and are regularly approached by the lawyers and solicitors of domestic and international construction companies to provide support and guidance on problem projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic salary in the region of £45k - £70k depending on experience at this level