An ambitious Contracts Manager is needed for a commercial window and glazing subcontractor based in Leicester to handle projects from tender, site installation to final account. Generous salary and career opportunities await suitably experienced applicants.
Typical scope will be to handle up to 6 concurrent live window subcontract projects with major national contractors and hotel developers, as well as helping with tendering and estimation of future contracts.
Company is part of a group that also manufactures its own high spec windows in both aluminium and pvc for specific client needs. Typical project length is 12 months. Many projects are London based although work can be across the UK.
Responsibilities and Duties
Contracts Manager will be responsible for the successful completion of awarded contracts with hotel and main contractor clients.
- Responsibility for successful and profitable completion of site works
- Manage projects in London and around the UK for up to 50% of the working day, and be based in the Leicester office the remaining time.
- Manage a team of 3 staff including a CAD/Designer and Office Administrator, reporting to the General Manager and Chief Estimator.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in architectural glazing or external cladding systems in a similar job role desired although demonstrable expertise in comparable subcontract packages will be considered.
- Applicants already working in the window, glazing, cladding or similar subcontract sectors in the UK are invited to apply,
- Experience in commercial building construction practices.
- Strong written and spoken English skills
- Strong negotiation and client interaction skills
- Appropriate site safety/CSCS card
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is long established Leicester based window manufacturing and installation subcontracting group.
After 4 years of growth they are looking to expand the management and site team. They offer long term stable employment and career opportunities
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous basic salary (DOE).
- Use of own car to site work will be paid at 45p/per mile
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday