Contracts ManagerRef MAX8378 Job Posted 12/03/2018 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Peterborough, Cambridgeshire Salary £50k - £65k + Excellent Benefits Package Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
An exciting role exists as a Contracts Manager to join the new Peterborough based office for one of the UK’s largest Housing Developers.
The hiring company are carrying out a wide range of residential schemes throughout the UK. This role is to be based out of the company’s new Peterborough based office and you will service projects throughout Cambridgeshire and surrounding areas. Projects will range from new build projects through to the renovation of existing buildings and brownfield sites.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Contracts Manager you will report directly into the Construction Director and be responsible for delivering cost efficiencies for the business, whilst ensuring high quality outcomes for the company’s customers. You will specifically be responsible for:
• Overseeing the development of sites from acquisition and pre-start inspections through to completion
• Ensuring that programme, quality and cost targets are achieved within agreed timescales and budget
• Management of Site Managers and sub-contractors
Desired Skills and Experience
• Strong team motivator
• Previous experience in a senior management role, ideally on residential development
• Self-confident, decisive, resilient and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• In depth knowledge of all aspects of the construction trade and relevant legislative requirements, e.g. health & safety; NHBC requirements; Building Regulations
• Good knowledge, understanding and experience of dealing with all issues relating to customer care
• Formal qualifications or a time served tradesman with considerable experience of the full range of construction trades.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK’s largest housebuilders with some 400+ developments ongoing across towns and rural areas throughout the UK. It is testament to their professionalism that for an unprecedented eleventh year, Site Managers have won more NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards than any other house builder. This really is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading company within the housing sector at the exciting period of the birth of a new Cambridgeshire office. Therefore you have a real opportunity to shape the identity and success of the business going forward.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
• Competitive Salary (guide salary: £50k - £65k – Neg.)
• 25 days holiday
• Money Purchase pension scheme
• Private medical insurance
• Flexible benefits
• Company car or cash allowance
- Senior Manager, Contracts and Cost Control Hong Kong, Lantau Island - Negotiable
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend