- Lusail is a brand new 38km2 city being built 15km North of Doha in Qatar. The hiring company is performing a Program Management role for all of the civils & infrastructure work on this project. This includes packages such as:
- 21.5km of roads packages
- Marine earthworks
- Sewerage Treatment Plant and networks
- Numerous tunnelling and pipeline packages
- Hard & Soft landscaping
- 15 substations and relevant cabling
- The Lusail City will eventually house the iconic Lusail National Stadium which will host the opening and final games of the Qatar 2022 World Cup. This is a unique opportunity to work on a project of this size and magnitude and will offer unparalleled longevity of employment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participates in strategic planning activities for specific projects (e.g., risk assessment, bid/no bid analysis, participation in business plan development, etc.).
- Provides technical guidance to assigned personnel, and ensures proficiency and timeliness of contract administration. Makes staffing assignments and reassignments as project needs arise. Recruits, interviews, and evaluates prospective employees. Hires, takes corrective action as required, and approves terminations.
- Collaborates with Client and project management consultant to ensure proper support in proposal preparation, as well as contract negotiations and administration.
Reviews requests for proposals to identify risks and contractual terms not conforming to policy.
- Negotiates the more difficult, complex, or sensitive issues with clients.
- Maintains an active participation in related professional societies to keep abreast of relevant contractual issues.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of industry business practices and the negotiation of prime contracts.
- Relevant work experience including extensive contracts administration, negotiation and claims management exposure.
- Has experience dealing with high value claims, dispute resolution, and arbitration on both construction and infrastructure projects.
- Candidates with a bias towards working for consultancies or directly for the client are preferred, however candidates with contracting experience will be considered if they have at least some experience working on the client side
- Working knowledge of FIDIC and other international standards such as, NEC, JCT, ICE, EJCDC, and pre- and post-award contract administration.
- Experience working in the Middle East is essential
- English language proficiency is required.
- A degree (or similar equivalent) is essential; preferably in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS, CICES, CIOB, CIArb are highly desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading International firm with a turnover in excess of US $ 3Bn. They have an outstanding reputation globally and a significant presence in the Middle East region boasting successful commissions on some of the region's leading civil engineering & infrastructure projects in particular.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- 50k - 60k QAR pm
- 5 Day Week