Contracts or Claims Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
An exciting opportunity exists with a leading International contractor working in Qatar on a $2Bn mixed use project. There is a vacant position of Contracts / Claims Manager, which would suit a candidate from a Quantity Surveying background and a number of years experience relating specifically to claims & dispute resolution work.
The successful candidate will report to the Commercial Director on this project and work alongside the project team to protect the companies contractual position against the client and sub-contractors on the project.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Good knowledge of managing sub-contractor claims for a main contractor
- The ability to help set up and maintain systems and procedures to keep detailed records of claims correspondence
- Familiar with arbitration proceedings would be an advantage
- Previous Middle Eastern experience is preferred, but not essential for the right candidate
- Candidates with relevant project experience on 5 star hotels and high end residential projects would be preferred
- Degree qualified or similar equivalent is strongly preferred for this position
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a top 15 International main contractor with a fantastic reputation in the Middle East region. The company has been the lead contractor on numerous signature projects in the region and will continue to carry out work on the largest and most exciting projects in the region.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- 50k - 60k QAR pm
- 21 Calendar Days Holiday
- Private Medical Cover
- Gratuity Bonus
- 11 Day Fortnight - Working Week