An amazing opportunity for Cost Consultant to join a quantity surveying consultancy firm in Burnaby, British Columbia. Candidates from PQS background and previous loan monitoring experience will be of particular interest.
Applications are welcome from high calibre, experienced quantity surveyor or cost consultant candidates currently in Canada or who have the right to work in Canada. Relevant overseas experience will be considered.
Working with the management team, the successful applicant who takes on the role of Cost Consultant / Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for providing technical expertise to ensure a variety of cost consulting services are delivered to clients in an efficient and effective manner.
Quantity Surveyor will be producing cost plans from drawings and estimating buildings costs of building projects.
You may work on a number of concurrent projects at different stages of completion and handle a range of complicated situations to successful conclusion.
Responsibilities and Duties
To provide a full range of cost consulting services to new and existing clients. This involves a full technical understanding of construction estimation:
- Read construction drawings and specifications at an advanced level
- Review and provide guidance on measurement of project statistics/functional areas
- Completion of project descriptions & assumptions
- Practical understanding of construction methodology
- Trade/product knowledge
- Ability to prepare and complete trade/elemental take-offs based on preliminary design documents
- Ability to prepare and complete trade/elemental take-offs based tender/construction documents
- Advanced understanding of factors influencing construction costs and applying that knowledge to pricing estimates
- Completion of estimates and reports ready for final sign-off by manager
- Preparation/analysis of general condition breakdown
- Change order analysis – interpretation, take-off, pricing and negotiation
- Reconciliation of estimate with tenders, owner’s budgets and/or contractor’s estimates
- Ability to prepare, co-ordinate & deliver estimates (on schedule & within fees)
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful Cost Consultant Quantity Surveyor Estimator Candidate will have:
- Ideally candidates will come from a Professional Quantity Surveying or client-side background
- Extensive working knowledge and understanding of Cost Planning and Project Monitoring services
- 7-10 years of estimating/quantity surveying experience in commercial real estate or related field
- Proven strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Client service orientation
- Great team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise work
- Qualification to Degree level in a relevant cost or construction related subject is strongly desirable
- Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS), Member RICS (or be willing to work towards)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This consultancy provides cost management and loan monitoring services. Successful candidate will be based in employer’s office in Burnaby, British Columbia.
Full details of this employer and the long-term career prospects will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous basic salary negotiable based on experience
Benefits package disclosed to shortlisted applicants