Deputy Contracts Manager
- Lusail is a brand new 38km2 city being built 15km North of Doha in Qatar. The hiring company is performing a Program Management role for all of the civils & infrastructure work on this project. This includes packages such as:
- 21.5km of roads packages
- Marine earthworks
- Sewerage Treatment Plant and networks
- Numerous tunnelling and pipeline packages
- Hard & Soft landscaping
- 15 substations and relevant cabling
- The Lusail City will eventually house the iconic Lusail National Stadium which will host the opening and final games of the Qatar 2022 World Cup. This is a unique opportunity to work on a project of this size and magnitude and will offer unparalleled longevity of employment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To assist in the management and monitoring of the operation of the Contract in accordance with Contract Specification and Company Policy
- To liaise closely with the Client, or their representative, in the provision of the contract service, to ensure compliance with contractual method statements
- To monitor customer trends and demands, ensuring that all sales potentials are maximised, analysed and communicated to ensure subordinates clearly understand their targets
- To have knowledge of changes in legislation, and implement accordingly in accordance with Company guidance
- To work with the contract manager in order to meet client and company expectations, through management of agreed objectives
- To respond to any reasonable request of the company or client within the constraints of the Contract
- To actively resolve issues as identified by the client and the Contract Manager so that customer satisfaction throughout the contract scope is maintained at the required level, as detailed within the contractual method statements
Desired Skills and Experience
- Prime contract administration and management on large international engineering & construction projects.
- Administration of multiple contracts.
- Working knowledge of FIDIC and other international standards.
- Pre and post-award contract administration
- Preferably Middle East experience
- Ability to work as part of specialist team with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating, report writing and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of software typically associated with contract administration
- English language proficiency.
- A degree (or similar equivalent) in a relevant subject such as Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering
- Membership to a professional body such as the RICS, CICES, CIOB or CIArb (or similar) is strongly desired but not necessarily essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading International firm with a turnover in excess of US $ 3Bn. They have an outstanding reputation globally and a significant presence in the Middle East region boasting successful commissions on some of the region's leading civil engineering & infrastructure projects in particular.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- 40k - 45k QAR pm