Design CoordinatorRef MAX9185 Consultant Daria Tkach Region South East England Location Sussex Salary Negotiable Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 19/07/2021 Status Live: Interviewing now
A Design Coordinator with at least 10 years’ experience gained on site or in a design office is needed to join an established marine and civil engineering contractor working on projects across the south of England in East Sussex, West Sussex and in Kent. The position would suit a Design Coordinator that has experience of working in a combination of consulting engineering and civil engineering contracting Design Management role.
The successful candidate will manage D&B Projects, pre-construction, using external design partners where required to support complex projects.
They will be responsible for liaising with external designers to allow frank and productive development of high quality design proposals.
The Design Coordinator job function is to be performed in relation to a range of marine and civil engineering construction projects from first principles including:
- Ports and harbour construction projects
- Marine and coastal related projects
- Seawalls and river coastal defence work
- Flood defence work
- Water projects including water framework and alliance work
- Civil engineering and infrastructure construction projects
Responsibilities and Duties
The Design Coordinator job duties will be to:
- Assess design risks with consideration in all designs of buildability, safety & environmental factors, maintenance.
- Ensure design information is of the right quality & keeps up to date with project timescales.
- Liaise with external clients to manage design delivery, review design options, and promote delivery of the complete construction package.
- Liaise with internal Contracts and Estimating Staff to provide design support and contract support.
- Maintain awareness, advice and promote procedures for CDE and BIM to meet expectations.
- Manage delivery of designs using external resources to meet the project timeline.
- Provide cost effective technical solutions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- It it expected that 10+ years’ work experience on site or in a design office in a similar role will be required. Ideally experience of a variety of consulting engineering and civil engineering contracts is required.
- A through and broad understanding of H&S, construction techniques, construction plant, products and innovation environmental constraints and licensing requirements
- Commercial and contractual awareness (e.g., NEC3, JCT)
- A good understanding of the fundamentals of design structures and geotechnical works
- MS Project and IT Microsoft skills (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access)
- Driving license
- BSc/BEng or MSc/Meng in Civil Engineering or HND with significant experience
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A well regarded national and international civil engineering and marine contractor with a strong order book and excellent cashflow and financial position.
This leading specialist onshore civil engineering subcontractor and main contractor employer provides a comprehensive range of specialist construction and civil engineering services from conception through construction to project delivery and completion. They work with a variety of national and international civil engineering contractors to deliver projects for UK infrastructure government agencies to protect coastlines, prevent flooding and secure land and assets.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Salary in the region of £45k+ depending on experience
- Car allowance or company car
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend